sendmail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tregtar

Reaction score
I am using a great php auction type program. It sends out automated emails, however, they have stopped working. The program uses sendmail, Is there a way to for me to see if there are any error messages generated by sendmail so the developer could then help me figure out what is happening?

I checked the php file in the program that sends out the emails and did not see any difference from when it was working a couple of weeks ago to way the file looks now.

I am on the lotus server.

I can attach the file in question if anyone thinks it'll help.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I am using a great php auction type program. It sends out automated emails, however, they have stopped working. The program uses sendmail, Is there a way to for me to see if there are any error messages generated by sendmail so the developer could then help me figure out what is happening?

I checked the php file in the program that sends out the emails and did not see any difference from when it was working a couple of weeks ago to way the file looks now.

I am on the lotus server.

I can attach the file in question if anyone thinks it'll help.

Thanks so much.

All errors on your account should be placed in a text file named error_log in your public_html folder.

tregtar

Reaction score
thanks i'll give it a look and ask the programmers as well.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
thanks i'll give it a look and ask the programmers as well.

If you post the contents of the error log here and specify what program you're using, someone here might be able to help you as well if they're familiar with the software you're using.

tregtar

Reaction score
If you post the contents of the error log here and specify what program you're using, someone here might be able to help you as well if they're familiar with the software you're using.

Thank you so much. My error log doesn't go past Sept. 3rd. Very weird.
Anyhow, I am using a program called Webid. For unknown reasons the automated emails this program generated are no longer being sent. This did work fine about 2 weeks ago.
The software is an auction software and emails would be generated when someone registered, or listed and item or won an item and when the item expired, etc...
I recreated the db and re-installed just in case a file became corrupted, but nothing seems to work.
No one else on the support forum for this software was able to replicate the issue so you folks are my last resort.

I am including the php file that controls the emails.

This is such a fabulous piece of software and I'd hate to not be able to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• functions_email.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
From reading some other posts, it seems that the "From" field might be the culprit.
What are you using for the setting now?
Maybe try with another email address.

tregtar

Reaction score
From reading some other posts, it seems that the "From" field might be the culprit.
What are you using for the setting now?
Maybe try with another email address.
I'm using my hotmail account as the main account for the software so I believe that is the account the automated emails are using. I'll try a different account and see if that does the trick. Thank you for the tip.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
There could be some problems with the fact that the server sending the emails does not have authority over your hotmail domain, unless you configured it through windows live custom domain (or something that looks like that).

tregtar

Reaction score
You guys are wonderful! I created an email account using cPanel and used that as the default email account and it worked! Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.