Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 137 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kebinuchiousu

Reaction score
I Use CentOS for File Servers and Domain Controllers.
I Use Windows 2003 for hosting ASP.Net ( Only because I'm still learning how to do it in Linux... )

Ubuntu as a desktop OS is pretty user friendly, however I lean more towards Fedora and Open Suse.

I use Windows XP for Gaming and most of my development as I wait for Mono and Mono Develop to gain the features that I use in the windows world.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
In my ome pc I use Win XP but i work as LINUX ADMIN
So i strongly Support REDHAT ........ Excellent server os ..........

phazzedout

Reaction score
I am using Vista right now, I feel it is like a nagging wife. You eventually get used to the nagging. LOL

I played game for about 2 months so I was using a Windows OS basically for that reason. I stopped playing games so I am going to migrate back to Linux. Imma try many different Distros on Dual boot. I really enjoy Linux, it feels like more than an OS.

mothmann

Reaction score
Re: Which Os do u prefer

I'll say it once and I'll say it again: Vista = Millennium Edition

well not technically. Millennium was just 98 with more features and stuff added. It was based entirely on the same code as 98 but with extras. 98 was an extension of 95 but with somewhat updated code. Xp was based off windows NT code but it was updated somewhat. where as Vista was completly new code from the ground up. this being why it failed. Windows 7 is actually the millenium edition because its just vista with some code corrections and improved features. The only difference is that millenium added more stuff to an already maxxed out operating system causeing it to be worse.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score

I'll say it once and I'll say it again: Vista = Millennium Edition

I dispute that claim. On my custom-built system with 2GB of DDR2-667 (i.e. slower than normal) RAM, Vista runs like greased lightning. People go out and buy (say) an HP computer, which is riddled with useless junk running in the background, then blame Vista for running too slow. The only reason those computers have 4GB of RAM is because that's what's needed for the junk to work "properly".

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I prefer Windows 7... is not in poll list..

I am using Windows 7 ultimate

Last edited:

greatm

Reaction score

well not technically. Millennium was just 98 with more features and stuff added. It was based entirely on the same code as 98 but with extras. 98 was an extension of 95 but with somewhat updated code. Xp was based off windows NT code but it was updated somewhat. where as Vista was completly new code from the ground up. this being why it failed. Windows 7 is actually the millenium edition because its just vista with some code corrections and improved features. The only difference is that millenium added more stuff to an already maxxed out operating system causeing it to be worse.

Not quite, Windows XP is based off of Windows NT and Windows 98/Me. XP is the merging version of windows from their DOS based OS and their NT OS onto the NT platform, it was really pretty much a Win95 skin put onto NT and then made pretty. Windows Vista and Windows 7 are still part of the NT linelike XP is, even though vista was built from the ground up. As for your bit about Vista and 7 I'd have to agree, except another difference between 7 and Me is that 7 wasn't quickly thrown together and put on the shelf so it could be marketed based on the year it came out.

It's a shame that Vista was released on so many crappy computers, if it hadn't been put on so many machines that could just barely get it to run it may not have been viewed so badly since if it was used on a decent computer it ran smoothly (it actually runs just as smoothly on better computers as Windows 7, it's a way to test how good your computer is. Upgrade it from Vista to 7 and if there is no performancegain it is a good computer).

Last edited:

necteraaus

Reaction score
Well, I chose leopard only because Windows 7 wasn't on the list :frown: I would've chosen Vista but it is a bit slower than 7 on my laptop, and I really really like the taskbar on 7, and Mac OS X has a similar setup. XP is still what to use on lesser spec'd machines in my opinion.

lightning yoshi

Reaction score
I think Windows XP is the best, because I've been with it for my whole life (I was with 98 for awhile but I did not like it much) though I do like Windows 7.

masterteam

Reaction score
XP with no doubt even i dont know much the other ones, but XP works perfect for me

wookie533

Reaction score
For me I like xp because it works i find vista crashes, freezes and develops problems for no reason but looks good and windows 7 well a better looking vista that handles ram better so gaming is better as more compatibility but still freezes a lot my choice is Ubuntu its free open source fast and fun for testing your home wireless security.

sedesign

Reaction score
had one or two issues with vista, it does become slow but i recently upgraded to windows 7 and never looked back!!!

windows 7 is awesome, if you have any problems with installations or running games then its no problem, it has a compatibility option so so you can it under the XP OS which is built in :D

definate recommendation for anyone who is still hanging onto XP for dear life, GET WINDOWS 7!!

mavr1c

Reaction score
Many things run well on XP that will not run on Vista but then Vista is a poor excuse for an operating system. Look in the dictionary under Nightmare and see Vista pictured in the description.
Out of necessity I still run 98 XP Vista and 7. Win 7 is promising to be a great OS, fast and reliable without any service packs YET. XP is my primary working system with 7 taking over in the near future. I can hardly wait till I can dump Vista from both my systems.

phazzedout

Reaction score
Think Mojave Experiment. It was silly. I remember seeing one in front of Best Buys. I was using it, then I intentionally gave it a blue screen of death by downloading a program that does not work on Vista. Works on everything else though. (Crucial.org or .com I forget) Then everyone in the tent laughed and I said, Vista sucks dude. In any case, during the Mojave Experiment, they appealed towards common users who could careless about technical problems. They all Ooohd and Aaahd when they would show them little programs like time allowance for the kids, and other things. Then when it came down to it, Vista still wasn't any good. Instead of trying to prove to people that Vista is great, they should of made it great.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Think Mojave Experiment. It was silly. I remember seeing one in front of Best Buys. I was using it, then I intentionally gave it a blue screen of death by downloading a program that does not work on Vista. Works on everything else though. (Crucial.org or .com I forget) Then everyone in the tent laughed and I said, Vista sucks dude. In any case, during the Mojave Experiment, they appealed towards common users who could careless about technical problems. They all Ooohd and Aaahd when they would show them little programs like time allowance for the kids, and other things. Then when it came down to it, Vista still wasn't any good. Instead of trying to prove to people that Vista is great, they should of made it great.

It is great. The only time I've had Vista BSOD, Windows 7 on the same system did as well, proving it was a hardware fault. I've never had a major problem with Vista.

axesdenyd

Reaction score
I'd like to thank all of you for stopping the Mac bashing. I'm a convert user, and still use PC's in my home and work environment (both *nix and Windows)... but my preference is still to my Mac.

For too long Windows has tried to shove everyone else out of the market by doing everything in one monolithic kernel, and larger operating system, and requirements. The Mac Development team took the Unix idea of computing and ran with it. Using small programs, specially designed to do one function, and only that function. Then, when you need more functionality, you can string the output of one, into the input of another. Which if there are any old DOS peeps out there, you know, that's all a GUI basically does for us, cept puts it ina nice pretty form so we are abstracted from it.

Thank you.

Reaction score
i prefer Windows XP because i think that is the best Operating System of Windows.

But i can not say anything about the other Operating System like mac or leaperd.
because i never have use them only sa some pivture of it.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.