Quick clarification on the rules?

phazzedout

Reaction score
I know you can get banned for posting links to other webhosts on the forums. Does this extend to your websites as well.

I am not saying that I am doing it because I am not and do not tend to. If anything I which to see if X10 could make awesome banners and icons that I could post on my site to promote you guys.

With all that said I found this guys website on the second page of my Google search and the page is just simply promoting another web host.

Here is the link, I don't want to get banned I just want to help because it seems that he must of used up a lot of bandwidth to get to the 2nd page of Google.

PHP:
http://jrolson.x10hosting.com/
So there it is.

phazzedout

Reaction score
I guess it's ok? Oh well. How about that X10hosting banner I was talking about though?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It's bad taste for sure, not sure if it actually is allowed or not.

I don't think it's much of an issue though - who would trust a phpBB skin developer on an install of wordpress with a default template and hasn't been posted in since November? :)

As for the x10banner, I say make a few up and run a poll in the Graphics/Webdesign area - more than likely staff won't mind, but it's probably not real high on their priority list to make the graphics themselves, given the wide number of changes they're still implementing on free hosting.

redbud

Reaction score
Carl6969,

The affiliate link that you posted doesn't work. Are they working on the affiliate website or have they discontinued their affilaite program?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Carl6969,

The affiliate link that you posted doesn't work. Are they working on the affiliate website or have they discontinued their affilaite program?

You are correct. The link I posted is not currently working because the affiliate program has been temporarily disabled pending completion of some of the server changes and upgrades. I spoke to Corey directly about this and the affiliate program and the link I referenced should be working again in a week or two.