Xbox or Playstation 3?

asimm

Reaction score
I plan to buy a new gaming system soon. Which do you suggest and why?
I would go for the PS3 but don't expect any customer service or at least not good, most of the graphics are better on the ps3 and there are more better games than xBox and PSN is better than xBox Live PS. these are just my personal opinions

krofunk

Reaction score
Alot of people have said that if you want to watch blu-rays then go for the ps3, from personal experience the playstation doesn't play blu-rays to the same standard as a dedicated player. That aside I would go for the xbox purely for the community, (obviously paying for online play is a bummer :X) everytime I have ever gone on the playstation network it's full of closed minded fan boys and people ready to flame you if you even mention the word halo...makes it hard to enjoy the game your playing.

kaepos

Reaction score
That aside I would go for the xbox purely for the community, (obviously paying for online play is a bummer :X) everytime I have ever gone on the playstation network it's full of closed minded fan boys and people ready to flame you if you even mention the word halo...makes it hard to enjoy the game your playing.

Even on the XBL-side, there are fan-boys and annoying flamers - sometimes for no reason. I find that certain days and even time of days are better online than others. That said, I do like the XBL community as a whole.

skai123

Reaction score
Alot of people have said that if you want to watch blu-rays then go for the ps3, from personal experience the playstation doesn't play blu-rays to the same standard as a dedicated player. That aside I would go for the xbox purely for the community, (obviously paying for online play is a bummer :X) everytime I have ever gone on the playstation network it's full of closed minded fan boys and people ready to flame you if you even mention the word halo...makes it hard to enjoy the game your playing.

did you do test playing Blu-ray on PS3 vs on dedicated ones? Because PS3 is ONE of the best blu-ray player, especially when it can be updated. And it will be updated for 3D. you would have to buy new blu-ray players for most if not all other dedicated players.

why would you be talking about halo, when you are playing a completely different game? I never met (in my experience) fanboys bs talking on ps3...

And there are fanboys, flamers, racist, etc on the 360 too. More i would say, since everyone has a headset...

I thinking, you might not even have a PS3...

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
PSN is better than xBox Live PS

What are you on about? xBox Live PS.... have you ever played on Xbox Live? You must be stoned to say that the PSN is better, just because it has its little peer to peer gaming.... doesnt change nothing, You know xbox live rules!
PS3 all the way!

You know what.... XBOX 360 will all ways be FTW!

Even on the XBL-side, there are fan-boys and annoying flamers - sometimes for no reason. I find that certain days and even time of days are better online than others. That said, I do like the XBL community as a whole.
Agreed, there are d******* every where, don't worry about it there will be somewhere or another!
did you do test playing Blu-ray on PS3 vs on dedicated ones? Because PS3 is ONE of the best blu-ray player, especially when it can be updated. And it will be updated for 3D. you would have to buy new blu-ray players for most if not all other dedicated players.

why would you be talking about halo, when you are playing a completely different game? I never met (in my experience) fanboys bs talking on ps3...

And there are fanboys, flamers, racist, etc on the 360 too. More i would say, since everyone has a headset...

I thinking, you might not even have a PS3...

Firstly, the Xbox 360 allready had 3d games, such as GForce! I noticed the PS3 didn't have that feature awwwww....
Ermmm, btw dedicated players normally have a firmware update, so yes they are all updatable... My xbox rocks, the community is the best ever, you will never beat the xbox 360 community, if you lose a game so what? Just play again, where as on the PSN network all i get if I kill some one on killzone "You f****** b*******" Yeah its not nice.

Oh yeah and if anyone says about RROD, my 2006 xbox still sitting here working perfectly! No problems on it, no RROD ever happened! So :p

Last edited:

play3rx

Reaction score
Well sony is getting rid of the other os feature in latest update. Great you pay for something with an advertised feature but that feature is only then taken away. Think about it it's just not right:mad:. Anyways I own both and my 360 is played 20x more.

dibb3386

Reaction score
Own both myself...(flamewar is starting) it is possible to include the OtherOS now. aslong as you didnt update..... (what was sony to do??? look at the psp! Geo has found the only flaw he needs too , Sony is scared. *i would be too* I heard LVL 2 SPU has been accessed. And CFW on the ps3 for including the other OS )

@ The Real Rebel : well thats good for you...what about the rest of us? Ive gone through 4 360's now. Just coz you got lucky dont make M$ 360 great does it? This never happened (as bad, there are always flaws) with the greats like the NES, Mega drive, Atari, even the PS n N64) cheap parts cheap product!.

On PS3 side tho, am on my 3rd :( only 1 Sony's fault tho :) console reset at random times.... tried update.. fail! (oh n folding@home (y do they call it that????) fail its poo, its an online chat room in 3d with really poo mini games. )

But i play PS3 more than 360

skai123

Reaction score
Firstly, the Xbox 360 allready had 3d games, such as GForce! I noticed the PS3 didn't have that feature awwwww....
Ermmm, btw dedicated players normally have a firmware update, so yes they are all updatable... My xbox rocks, the community is the best ever, you will never beat the xbox 360 community, if you lose a game so what? Just play again, where as on the PSN network all i get if I kill some one on killzone "You f****** b*******" Yeah its not nice.

Oh yeah and if anyone says about RROD, my 2006 xbox still sitting here working perfectly! No problems on it, no RROD ever happened! So :p

Those are cheesy 3D, that doesn't even need 3D tv... like those 3D movies that uses red/blue glasses.

Not all dedicated players are upgradable even from profile to profile, and most will not be able to upgarde to 3D, so you would need to buy a 3D blu-ray player, with the PS3 they are going to upgrade with 3D, to view 3D blu-rays and games. Not every player has hdmi 1.3 and 1.4 is 'needed' for 3D

You're stating xbox comunity is the best like it's a fact..

like you said
Agreed, there are d******* every where, don't worry about it there will be somewhere or another!

you will never beat the xbox 360 community, if you lose a game so what? Just play again,
I do that on PSN too, I don't know what you are smoking...

I kill some one on killzone "You f****** b*******" Yeah its not nice.
I never heard of that at all and most of the time maybe half the people have mics.

On PS3 side tho, am on my 3rd :( only 1 Sony's fault tho :) console reset at random times.... tried update.. fail! (oh n folding@home (y do they call it that????) fail its poo, its an online chat room in 3d with really poo mini games. )

But i play PS3 more than 360

folding@home (now interated with life with playstation) is a program that folds to help find cure for cancer, what you descirbed is PS Home...

Last edited: