How fast is your Internet?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I've heard that some of the mobile phone network providers in our country are going to extend the limit of Wi-Fi connection and they call it Wi-Fi 5 or something like that. Do you heard this technology??
I've missed somewhere because Wi-Fi is a very short range network connection and need some hot spot, so I don't know how they will amplify it.
WIFI is very common and widespread in USA but you must be very near the broadcast point or "Hotspot". These are commonly found at coffee shops, fast food restaurants, and similar locations.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
WiMAX operates on a different frequency from Wi-fi and is a different technology. It has similar traits, but is designed for long range use unlike Wi-Fi.

Edit: Got there before me :)

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
There is a company in my area which has started setting up a WiMAX network. From what I have heard about it, it is low cost, fast, and not affected by cloud cover like satellite. The problem around here is that it works with a line of site transmitter and we have a lot of very, very, tall pecan and oak trees which reduce or completely block signal in many potential installation sites.

Last edited:

priyaa161

Reaction score
There is a company in my area which has started setting up a WiMAX network. From what I have heard about it, it is low cost, fast, and not affected by cloud cover like satellite. The problem around here is that it works with a line of site transmitter and we have a lot of very, very, tall pecan and oak trees which reduce or completely block signal in many potential installation sites.

So, What's the need of broadband in that heaven. There is much more to enjoy than having a broadband. Forget about it.

priyaa161

Reaction score

i live in bangladesh...super slow internet...lolz

Result may not be accurate because of long distance. It is nearly 900 mile distance.
And don't worry, Asian countries are also growing very fast nowadays and soon there will be very high speed connection available.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You can pull fast results over very long distances. I can max out my 7.1Mbps to a server past 3,000 miles away. Good chance it's a simple case of boosting the receive window unless that is his true speed.