Please critique my website

lance4681

Reaction score
I have a small screen on my laptop so keep that in mind.

I looks good, this is a website were a black background accually fits in WOW. The photo that you have taken of your self looks quite nice and TTG is done quite well, however you have a very harsh contrast on the right hand side of the screen with the TTG and the background you might want to fix that. The second thing is why is the scroll bar on the photos only?? this is not cool I think that you should add a scroll bar on the very right of the screen like most webistes. If you add a bunch of text above the photos ect you can try doing the scroll bar again.

Overall a good lay out, the only changes I would make is the scroll bar and the contrast of The TTG background and the background, dose that make scene :dunno:

tfn488

Reaction score
Hi,

Your Website is good, I just want to point out that I am not seeing the menu buttons over here. I'm using Firefox

Hope you can solve the problem.

Best wishes.
Steven

kidas

Reaction score
you r using frames i thinks this is bad for SEO ... but anyway it look nice i like it :p

wolley

Reaction score
Hey there. You've got some nice photographs and I like the TTG logo as well.

Here are some things you could do to make your site even better:

1. Get rid of the frames.

Like kidas mentioned, it's bad for SEO. I'm not sure if it's my screen that's too small, but the frames are also making a gray scrollbar appear on your Home, About Me and Resume pages. These make the pages look misaligned and the gray doesn't look very good on your black background.

2. Get rid of the blue image borders

The blue borders on your linked pictures don't go well with your background color. You might want to remove them or change them to a complementing color.

Hope this helps :)

playminigames

Reaction score
the only thing that i would change is the blue border, it hurts my eyes on some of the images. Other than that it is good. keep it up

Good Luck timothy.taylor!

xadrieth

Reaction score
Well, that is a pretty sweet looking site.

Seeing as your a graphic designer, add some sort of white/gray abstract design to the background, i suggest to do only one color though.

Also, get rid of the image border, it doesn't clash well.

timothy.taylor

Reaction score
Hey there. You've got some nice photographs and I like the TTG logo as well.

Here are some things you could do to make your site even better:

1. Get rid of the frames.

Like kidas mentioned, it's bad for SEO. I'm not sure if it's my screen that's too small, but the frames are also making a gray scrollbar appear on your Home, About Me and Resume pages. These make the pages look misaligned and the gray doesn't look very good on your black background.

2. Get rid of the blue image borders

The blue borders on your linked pictures don't go well with your background color. You might want to remove them or change them to a complementing color.

Hope this helps :)

I used frames because only the main frame changes once the site is loaded. my nav bar is flash and by using frames it makes my site faster as it only has to load my banner and nav bar 1 time. I like ur idea about changing the blue border to a complementing color and will do so. Thanks for the help!
Edit:
Hi,

Your Website is good, I just want to point out that I am not seeing the menu buttons over here. I'm using Firefox

Hope you can solve the problem.

Best wishes.
Steven

You need to upgrade to the new firefox. My site works with every browser except firefox 2.0. hope this helps

Last edited:

peterac

Reaction score
Tim, Nice feel to the site but it renders differently in browsers. What you are looking for in IE and Opera but in Firefox, Chrome and others your main frame is slicing off the bottom of your nav bar.
Peter

Last edited:

timothy.taylor

Reaction score
Tim, Nice feel to the site but it renders differently in browsers. What you are looking for in IE and Opera but in Firefox, Chrome and others your main frame is slicing off the bottom of your nav bar.
Peter

I'm using firefox right now and have no problem viewing the site perfectly. As stated earlier, FF 2 has issues that are fixed once you upgrade to FF 3. This may be your problem. I have viewed the site on both mac and windows with firefox 3 and it is working perfectly for me.

cheeselog

Reaction score
I think the point that the other posters have been trying to make is you should do everything you can to make sure your site works on as many browsers as possible. I see you have your resume and portfolio available for viewing on your site. You would be surprised at how many of you prospective clients use IE 6, if your lucky they will have an older version of FF.

Also, you shouldn't have any trouble removing the frames, once the swf is in a users cache its downloaded, there just might be a blink when they change pages which users expect.

And like the others said you should remove the borders around the linked images.

peterac

Reaction score
Tim, I am use FF3.5.3. The main.html frame covers half the nav bar, sits too high.
Peter

szhockeykidd

Reaction score
The site is not loading. Error: "cannot find server http://timothytaylor.co.cc". I will be glad to help once you fix your problem.