WordPress Installation Tutorial

chisaku

Reaction score
Great tutorial. I wish I would've had this a while ago... Now I need a tutorial on updating Wordpress.

worldwise001

Reaction score
Possible update: I think as of version 2.3.2 or 2.3.3 (possibly before), you do not need v2 of x10hosting php in order to install wordpress. At least, I didn't need to upgrade at all; it just installed like a charm first time through. I suppose it depends on the functions you wish to enable however, for I just use it as a basic blog, and that's it.

kkenny

Reaction score
Possible update: I think as of version 2.3.2 or 2.3.3 (possibly before), you do not need v2 of x10hosting php in order to install wordpress. At least, I didn't need to upgrade at all; it just installed like a charm first time through. I suppose it depends on the functions you wish to enable however, for I just use it as a basic blog, and that's it.

That's because when you registered, php versions were disabled, so you didn't need to modify anything. PHP v2 is now required, because wordpress uses the eval() and mail() functions, and those functions are only allowed in v2 and above.

Symetrie

Reaction score
I followed all the instructions in the 1st post, but I still got this error when installing wordpress:

Can't select database
We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the database.
  • Are you sure it exists?
  • Does the user have permission to use the database?
  • On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_wordpress. Could that be the problem?
Is it the host name that's causing this error or the database? Do I use 'localhost' or 'mysql.x10hosting.com '? Is there some new changes in installing WordPress???

I really want to have a WordPress blog on my website...

Dee30

Reaction score
I know this may sound stupid but i am new to the web design, but what exactly can you do with word press?

tondopie

Reaction score
Is there any chance of a Wordpress MU tutorial because I am having trouble with that...

zguthrie

Reaction score
Do we drag the wordpress folder into the public html or do we drag the files inside of the wordpress folder?

nekomimi

Reaction score
Good topic =P

but how to change language from English to Japannese ?

>_<

madmfg

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I wasn't sure if uploading a .zip file would work, but your post cleared my doubts. :)

th100

Reaction score
It says "Error creating a database connection" when I did the steps written above. Any solutions?

alecsandr1170

Reaction score
:wink:[QUOTE = Effine; 257107] было несколько сомнения, получил он рассеялся, благодаря человеку ...[/ QUOTE]

asiapress

Reaction score
wordpress is not a good program ,usually it cost very hight source of the server 's CPU

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
wordpress is not a good program ,usually it cost very hight source of the server 's CPU

Wordpress itself is fine, there are a few plugins optimized for servers that -arent- running a few thousand accounts with a resource limitation on them. I ran wordpress on free without plugins for 2 years without issue.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
To follow the instructions it is recommended to know how to click your mouse, type, and look at your computer screen.

Too many requirements needed. lol

nice tutorial. It's interesting to reading old tutorials cause they tell us how x10hosting has changed over time. php v1 and now ... . I think we also have fastastico or softaculous, so it's more easy to install with it. I guess x10hosting doesn't have fastastico at that time.