Mahahaha!! The Lucas is here!

lucasbytegenius79

Reaction score
lol, wanted an unusual thread name than "Hi!" or "Helllo!". :D

So, as everybody no doubt knows I am new here, really excited about the server account that I just got, as my previous server account with another host was rather unstable and had a lot of downtime. So I'm testing the x10 server out, which was recommended to me by a friend.

Me, I'm an odd fellow, rather crazy and maniacal at times during long hacking (programming, forum designing :D) runs, I'm known around several forums, started my own (which is why I signed up for this server), and I prefer Internet friends to real people most of the time ;).

Anything I should know about this community? Of course, other than the rules, I spent an entire 15 minutes reading them :cool:. Looking forward to participating here, hope I'll make a few friends, and have fun.

lucasbytegenius79

Reaction score
And am I happy to be here!
punk.gif

Excellent server. Hasn't ran out of memory yet like my last one ;). Just a little slower than the other one at times but oh well, at least it's online, you know? Got my forum on it and decided to let my members make a few decisions on it and I have hardly any opinions regarding it :rolleyes:. So I may start building the sections tree today, no one on there commented on my suggested layout. It's all about themes to them it seems. Will be adding my site to sig as soon as I get a response to my other thread about the co.cc domain. So excited!
Now for the ultimate question of x10, the server, and everything: How bad is downtime? Seriously. The reviews were good, still would like some user experience though. Haven't gotten a server related error yet, very good sign
clap.gif

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
The free servers are generally very reliable....however if there is downtime, it's usually something for a couple of hours, rather than constant five minute drops-which in a way is better-but we're talking maybe once a fortnight (usually longer) for serious downtime.

lucasbytegenius79

Reaction score
The free servers are generally very reliable....however if there is downtime, it's usually something for a couple of hours, rather than constant five minute drops-which in a way is better-but we're talking maybe once a fortnight (usually longer) for serious downtime.

Oh, that's not bad. Thanks. I'd give you rep but I already gave you some...:D
My server account that's been giving me all those errors is Helio Host btw. They've been having a lot of trouble lately, what with running out of RAM and the swap file being so slow it starts going offline. It was almost solid downtime day before yesterday, and today it's been going off and on rather unpredictably.

Also, since no one answered my other thread, is it against the rules to configure a co.cc domain to redirect and hide the real url? I read something in the rules about proxies, so I'm a little confused. I saw the link on the main page as well. Just wanted to clarify.