A crocodile on a plane kills 19

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
That's rather weird. I wonder who would bring a Crocodile onto a plane without putting it in some sort of cage or perhaps in a place other than carry on storage. Considering the plane was close to it's destination, I wonder if people forgot the rule planes generally have with standing up while it's landing?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Weird is a good description.
So is "sad".
I recollect taking a commuter flight years ago on a small plane, about 8 passengers plus the pilot.
Before we boarded the pilot asked each of how much we weighed and then assigned seats based on our individual weight in order to insure that the small plane was properly balanced for flight. One man was instructed to sit in the co pilots seat during the flight. Obviously, as made dramatically clear in this news story, distribution of weight on these small planes is critical.

whitebus

Reaction score
I smell a sequel.

Can you imagine Samuel L Jackson... "I have had enough of these [mofo] croks on this [mofo] plane!"

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
Oh dear, I just thought of an even scarier sequel. Snakes on A Plane? How about Lice on a Learjet...? Paris Hilton and Brittany Spears stampeding with 50 pound makeup cases from side to side while the private jet barrel-rolls...

Y'all will have to pardon me. I just spent a month back in my hometown of Los Angeles. Obviously the effects are lingering. :biggrin:

3dhomejoe

Reaction score
My question is why? Why would you take one on an airplane and how did he get it on board without anyone noticing that there might be something alive in that bag?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
The security checks on small flights like these is a world away from the rigorous checks and double checks you have to endure when getting on a regular commercial jet. It's likely that the checks done were woefully inadequate, so it isn't so much of a surprise that they managed to get it aboard.
Unfortunately, this shows just how poorly people react in these sort of situations, a crocodile that small is not going to do any harm whatsoever; so although very tragic these people ultimately brought about their own demise by ignoring the requirements to remain in their seats and thereby destabilising the plane. Obviously, the crocodile should never have been there in the first place, but the course of events after it was discovered lacked any thought about situation.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In such situation people should show little courage. But I think air hostess was the first one to run towards the cockpit. Learned people also don't know what can happen if the whole load shifts one one side.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Weird indeed.

I also saw some really weird news about some sort of sleepover party at some place in france. The man who lived in the apartment and also hosted the party had to wake up in the night to fed his baby, and all of the guests, 6 adults and 5 kids thought he was the devil, so they stabbed him with a butchers knife and jumped out of the window on the third floor in panic.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
What a sad story :(

Why did they kill the crocodile? :(

~Callum

Saulo

Reaction score
Nobody has the right to command or decide for the life of another living being!

Imagine if a bunch of crocodiles decide to sell you to another bunch of crocodiles?

For me every one gets what deserves.
I'm so sorry that the kidnapper had not suffered more serious consequences and that they have killed the poor animal.

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Nobody has the right to command or decide for the life of another living being!

Tell that to wildlife -- don't crocs eat .. Just about anything?. Lions eat gazelles. Things being killed is part of the circle of life. Go watch The Lion King, I think you'll find it educational.

And wow... This thread was only about half way down the page. Check out the last post date.

Gonrah

Reaction score
The plane was a Czech-made Let L-410 Turbolet, one of more than 1,100 produced as short-range transport aircraft and used mainly for passenger services.

The czechs have good planes but this story show us that nobody can be sure about his life when he is in the air.