Suspended For Resource Abuse Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambosulker

Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering if its possible to be suspended for resource abuse on premium hosting. If it is, what is the threshold? Is it a number of MB transfer per-second? A limit of things taking place in PHP?

I would hate to upgrade and find myself getting the same weekly resource abuse suspensions.

Thanks!

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Our premium hosting's resource limits are much higher, and unless you are getting a lot of traffic you should be all set.

Here is the resource limits.

May not use more than 50% of available CPU resources for more than 120 seconds at a time.
May not use more than 50% of available CPU resources for more than 5 minutes out of a 60 minute period.
May not use more than 820MB of memory combined between processes
May not have more than 10 processes running at any given time.

Please let me know if you have any further inquires.

sambosulker

Reaction score
May not use more than 50% of available CPU resources for more than 120 seconds at a time.
May not use more than 50% of available CPU resources for more than 5 minutes out of a 60 minute period.
May not use more than 820MB of memory combined between processes
May not have more than 10 processes running at any given time.

Thanks for the tech specs Brandon! Are those specs for the free hosting or the pay hosting?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That one's premium.

Free is below:
Here are the guidelines which result in high system resource suspensions on our free hosting systems.

* 25% CPU
* 5% memory (eg 400 MB)
* 240 seconds of CPU time per hour
* 20 concurrent processes executing

If a user exceeds any of these limits for longer than 60 seconds, they will have a suspension applied to their account.

The big difference is premium allows 10 processes instead of 20, however premium also shouldn't run slow like the free ones can at times, so the processes pretty much run and are done before you can blink, so having that cut in half isn't as big as it sounds. The rest is a big step up though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.