More Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Last month we setup a test SAN to see how cPanel and our unique setup would handle it. We were very happy with the results and ordered an enterprise solution from HP that was setup last week. We will be moving everything over to the new SAN shortly and we will also be moving Stoli over to a SSD setup like the rest of the servers this week.

Any questions?

Support requests will be deleted

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Only if we happen to have an ETA on which servers are being moved and when, although I'm fully aware there may not be one as of yet :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
ETAs will be posted tomorrow for each specific server.

sperko

Reaction score
Not a question, but you are doing a great job here.

All these new updates are improving the free hosting for many users. My website has seen an increased amount of traffic, people staying longer and finding it easier to get to my website. Thanks again! :)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Brilliant news. Thanks for all the work you put in.
I guess support will be getting busy. :)

wolf99

Reaction score
Much thanks and kudos to the folks here at x10 for taking care of the free service offered, it is a great advert for your paid services, that a lot of other free hosting services dont seem to be willing to fully utilize.
Kudos :)

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
The cheapest enterprise SAN from HP I saw was $4000 I think. This was the base without any hard drives or extras.

labrat1461

Reaction score
The cheapest enterprise SAN from HP I saw was $4000 I think. This was the base without any hard drives or extras.

holy shish, that's expensive.

My question is will this make everything faster? :p

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
so just wondering how much does this Enterprise Solution from HP cost?

It's a P2000 with lots, and lots of 15K SAS drives. Only the best for our free hosting people ;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Aren't the drives SSD drives?

The disks going into the SAN are mechanical drives. 15,000RPM Disks so they should pack some nice performance. With the amount of drives in it as well, it should take a nice beating before slowing down. The current SAN we have right now seems to be performing nicely, and it's kind of what you would say a Ghetto setup with 8 disks stuffed in a server that isn't expandable as Corey mentioned, but it was after all a test :D . The SSDs are actually on the servers themselves (Stoli, Chopin, Starka, Boru) for cPanel operations and possibly for other things such as MySQL, if they're being moved onto those.

Last edited:

costas1

Reaction score
The disks going into the SAN are mechanical drives. 15,000RPM Disks so they should pack some nice performance. With the amount of drives in it as well, it should take a nice beating before slowing down. The current SAN we have right now seems to be performing nicely, and it's kind of what you would say a Ghetto setup with 8 disks stuffed in a server that isn't expandable as Corey mentioned, but it was after all a test :D . The SSDs are actually on the servers themselves (Stoli, Chopin, Starka, Boru) for cPanel operations and possibly for other things such as MySQL, if they're being moved onto those.

I see! I was interested to find out the layout of the servers and where the SSDs fit into it.

costas1

Reaction score
Beside the SAN swap, is there still any other work to be done or this is the end of the servers upgrade?

tommieonos84

Reaction score
i sure hope it all works after this upgrade. Stoli is still being slow as hell... takes about 30 sec to load a page.

tenx23

Reaction score
Thanks for all the work you put in :smile: Stoli has been slow lately...

Around 15 seconds to download a short (PHP) Page....

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
For now this is the last of the updates for Boru, Chopin, and Starka besides some minor maintenance to catch up on that was put on hold. Stoli has to be moved to the SSD setup still however, time frame will depend on when the transition to the SAN finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.