Review for Mafia Game Website

stardom

Reaction score
Gangs of War is a New Mafia based MMORPG. It officially went live on 16th May 2011 02:01:40.
The old source code had to be removed and so I had to start from scratch.:mad:

Does having a .tk domain hurt me any? Or should I make it .com?

Id like to know of any improvements that could be made along with any SEO that could help.

Thanks!

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice site.
Theme suits to the name of the site and the mode of site.
Fast and loading clean.
Further improvements might be a flash or image slider with testimonials from users or some comments from users
Also a image sliger can contain the game snapshots.

stardom

Reaction score
Got some screenshots up using an image slideshow. Not the fancy stuff but it will work for now.
Thanks for your response.

Would a more solid layout attract more players you think?

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ahah..now its even better with a .com domain.
Nice going.
Whats your viewer count per day?

stardom

Reaction score
I added the .com domain on the 19th. So the stats look a little funny for some reason. I think it is where I made it my primary domain for my hosting.
Anyways I don't know what exactly you mean by viewer count, but here is a shot of my webalizer from the host.
webalizer.PNG

Last edited:

fflandrath53

Reaction score
I'd like to play your game, and maybe it's jut me but your choice of font/colors makes my eyes blur. Anything darker than yellow on a black background becomes problematic, especially when using such a small font size.

Also, why do you require a registration process to play and why do you require a gender specification (is it required for the game itself)?

I think your current ad placement/size detracts somewhat from your content.

stardom

Reaction score
I'd like to play your game, and maybe it's jut me but your choice of font/colors makes my eyes blur. Anything darker than yellow on a black background becomes problematic, especially when using such a small font size.
I will be working on the theme of it. That is my only downfall right now I think. The look of the site.

Also, why do you require a registration process to play and why do you require a gender specification (is it required for the game itself)?
I require registration to play because I have to store your user information in a database. I also require Gender specification because the avatar system is based on male and female pictures. Males can only have male pictures and females may only have female pictures.

I think your current ad placement/size detracts somewhat from your content.
I took the ads off. I don't need the ads. Was there as a just in case method.