What do you think of my website?

sslashguard-194

Reaction score
Cool

Well, i'm new to web design, but i love the backgrounds, it seams very smooth.
Not sure where you are thinking of going with it next, but good looking start.
May be if anything, getting the backgrounds to stay a little more the same, just a thought, kinda looks as if on some pages the background is "zoomed in more" or blown up a bit, than others, like its smaller.
But thats just my two cents. love to see where you go next.:biggrin:

palo98414

Reaction score
I like minimalistic designs.

There are allot of young web designers & designers with very good taste eager to build up their portfolios you should try to find one.

xcorphz

Reaction score
Overly huge font size on navigation. Why not put contents in a box with rounded corners instead of putting them directly with patterned background.

bvkhunt11

Reaction score
The design is not for the latest trend.. But its not too bad also.. Google for some new cool designs and try to re create it and then come out with your own design.. Your present design might not actually get you good traffic.. And your site has got lot of errors.. Make sure your designs pass the w3 validator test (http://validator.w3.org).. Hope to see better design from you..

Tip : Use photoshop or gimp to create the layout and export each image file separately and then use them in your html and css coding..

kaushal.aniket26

Reaction score
It's not a bad design. But if you would have used wordpress it would be a latest design. I think you have used Komposer.

kevin.jorand0831

Reaction score
Quiet special, but I think it fits good with the content!

Maybe the font color isn't the clearest possible on that background, but certainly the one that fits the best

emilehos

Reaction score
it's great, you must think about using panels and DIV to setup it, so it will be well disegned

Jennacide

Reaction score
Is this your first site? If so you've already blown mine out of the water LOL. But yeah, designing is addictive... like electronic crack or something ROFL. But yeah, keep at it, check out other sites, look at their code but please don't ever, ever steal, I'm only suggesting that as it helped me to truly understand php, html, java, etc., and in the end it really launched my love affair with designing. I hope you truly enjoy it and keep at it.

<3 Jenna

xadarshx44

Reaction score
I would really modernize your Menu bar, Do a Small Black bar spanning across the entire top. No graphics just CSS style sheet with gradient and just text. A Minimal bar which would add alot of flavor. the text is kind of popping out of the buttons right now. So this would have a bit more sleek feel to it.
Otherwise the templates of the books is good. How the page is centered, with the background cover feel to it.

personally I would have Had a Side bar with all the links and your Picture on top. with a Frame in the center loading the pages. but Iframes are really not much in demand these days.

Anyway good work

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks good. I'd like to point out a few things about your books though, being a writer yourself. I noticed a few of these in the website as well. Your spelling and grammar has a few flaws here and there, that could easily be found and fixed if you edited the writing, or had a friend edit your work, as I do. No need to pay anyone, since there's always a friend willing to do it for free. There's also a few awkward sentences in your writing, such as 'A moment later, as many passengers disembarked from the dark vehicle.' Reading that sentence, it seems incomplete because of how you worded it.

Just a few things I noticed, that can easily be fixed. ;)

gros_mechant31

Reaction score
Re: Cool

Well, i'm new to web design, but i love the backgrounds, it seams very smooth.
Not sure where you are thinking of going with it next, but good looking start.
May be if anything, getting the backgrounds to stay a little more the same, just a thought, kinda looks as if on some pages the background is "zoomed in more" or blown up a bit, than others, like its smaller.
But thats just my two cents. love to see where you go next.:biggrin:

Hello and thank you for the feedback. Yes indeed it's something I should look into. Perhaps my tiles in the background need to be considered 'so to speak' and chose the best that will be applied to all the pages of the website.

Again, thank you sslashguard :)

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Overly huge font size on navigation. Why not put contents in a box with rounded corners instead of putting them directly with patterned background.

Hello xcorphz and thank you for the reply.

I must admit that you lost me. Would you care to elaborate please?
I understand the huge font, but when you say "Why not put contents in a box with rounded corners instead of putting them directly with patterned background" I really don't understand what you mean.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

The design is not for the latest trend.. But its not too bad also.. Google for some new cool designs and try to re create it and then come out with your own design.. Your present design might not actually get you good traffic.. And your site has got lot of errors.. Make sure your designs pass the w3 validator test (http://validator.w3.org).. Hope to see better design from you..

Tip : Use photoshop or gimp to create the layout and export each image file separately and then use them in your html and css coding..

Thanks bvkhunt11 :)

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Is this your first site? If so you've already blown mine out of the water LOL. But yeah, designing is addictive... like electronic crack or something ROFL. But yeah, keep at it, check out other sites, look at their code but please don't ever, ever steal, I'm only suggesting that as it helped me to truly understand php, html, java, etc., and in the end it really launched my love affair with designing. I hope you truly enjoy it and keep at it.

<3 Jenna

Hello Jennacide,

Thank you for the reply.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

I would really modernize your Menu bar, Do a Small Black bar spanning across the entire top. No graphics just CSS style sheet with gradient and just text. A Minimal bar which would add alot of flavor. the text is kind of popping out of the buttons right now. So this would have a bit more sleek feel to it.
Otherwise the templates of the books is good. How the page is centered, with the background cover feel to it.

personally I would have Had a Side bar with all the links and your Picture on top. with a Frame in the center loading the pages. but Iframes are really not much in demand these days.

Anyway good work

Hello xadarshx44,

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure what you mean by "No graphics just CSS style sheet with gradient and just text." Could you point me to a website that demonstrates what you mentioned? I would really appreciate.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

It looks good. I'd like to point out a few things about your books though, being a writer yourself. I noticed a few of these in the website as well. Your spelling and grammar has a few flaws here and there, that could easily be found and fixed if you edited the writing, or had a friend edit your work, as I do. No need to pay anyone, since there's always a friend willing to do it for free. There's also a few awkward sentences in your writing, such as 'A moment later, as many passengers disembarked from the dark vehicle.' Reading that sentence, it seems incomplete because of how you worded it.

Just a few things I noticed, that can easily be fixed. ;)

Hello SJ.Wolfe and thank you for the reply.
Unfortunately, there isn't a friend.

rickyyapkowitz69

Reaction score
What do you think of my website?

Give me your opinion.
Tell me honestly what you think.
Constructive criticism please :redface:

http://onlyafewknew.elementfx.com/

RE: Book Pages for your Novels

While my eyes do greatly appreciate the size of the fonts, it may be better to allow the user to be able to select and view a two-page layout with a "turn the page" format. Also, any thought as to adding illustration links?

Overall, good site design, quite utilitarian.

Darkmere

Reaction score
Looking at your source I have some recommendations: 1.) Learn some Tab Etiquette. Your code is extremely hard to fallow. 2.) You have some blank code, remove them they are not necessary for instance in your <head /> you have a Empty <style />. 3.) You use a lot of inline CSS. This just makes it absolutely harsh on your self. Put all your CSS in a separate CSS File and link it to your pages. This will also help clean up your code a little. 4.) Get rid of the RGB for Hex. It is not a requirement it is just easier to handle. #ffffff; is a lot easier to handle than rgb (255, 255, 255);

xadarshx44

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with some other work.
Anyhow,
One of the best resources is this site
http://www.mezzoblue.com/zengarden/alldesigns/
Each page is designed mainly with CSS involved. You see the minimal inovelment of images.
It really adds an aesthetic and refined quality

edit:
I would like to add the code and designs in zen garden are free. The link will be available in each design. So you can see how they build upon the design.

This would be a good example of the gradient design on the left sid
http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=209/209.css

You can create the Ovals with CSS and have text centered properly in them
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/item/css_oval_buttons/

Last edited: