Co.CC - Blocked by my Internet Security

leeoliberamal70

Reaction score
I have a free Co.CC domain sites and hosted by x10hosting. Just this August, my ESET Nod32 Internet Security blocked my site and also my friends website with Co.CC domain. When I check the Co.CC site it was also blocked. I just wonder how come the co.cc domains where blocked. Is there any treats with this domains..

Guys, I need some answers... Why? :confused::confused::confused:

alexanderbuckland71

Reaction score
I have a free Co.CC domain sites and hosted by x10hosting. Just this August, my ESET Nod32 Internet Security blocked my site and also my friends website with Co.CC domain. When I check the Co.CC site it was also blocked. I just wonder how come the co.cc domains where blocked. Is there any treats with this domains..

Guys, I need some answers... Why? :confused::confused::confused:

No-One on here can help you, contact your antivirus manufacturer. I believe that this has happened due to .co.cc being abused by people who like to inflict viruses and spyware on people.

ADVICE - Turn off the browser add-on when viewing your site?

Deivs

Reaction score
I have two domains hosted with co.cc-all it is blocked by eset. I moved to cz.cc, but as I see its down today :)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I have two domains hosted with co.cc-all it is blocked by eset. I moved to cz.cc, but as I see its down today :)

Probably because everyone is moving away from .co.cc - google have blocked them, too.

I'm moving this to the off topic forum.

Gindolaras

Reaction score
dont know whats about theys co.cc domains i can open none co.cc site in IE or FireFox or Google!

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
dont know whats about theys co.cc domains i can open none co.cc site in IE or FireFox or Google!

Unfortunately, this is caused by numerous people abusing the free co.cc service by creating spammy, malicious sites. This caused the entire domain (*.co.cc including the home page) to be removed from Google.

Most antivirus applications don't treat each co.cc subdomain as individual sites. They treat the entire domain as belonging to one owner. Therefore, if their definitions/scanners detect a lot of malware/spam on any subdomain, the whole domain gets flagged.

The only way to view co.cc sites in this case would be to disable your security software.

According to their Facebook page comments, CO.CC is talking with ESET and Google to try to get this resolved. https://www.facebook.com/FreeDomain.co.cc?sk=wall

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Its is advisable to change the security software itself..
But it is a known fact that other free domain systems like cz.cc and dot tk may also face a similar fate from eset.
I think This is all due to the potential spamming sites raising from these free domain registrations.Though many of us are genuine, a few sites are creating problems to many as observed by many on the internet.
Nothing much we can do regarding this.

Avegaille

Reaction score
I could never find any good domains on co.cc anyway... =/

I use co.tv if anyone's interested... (or if the co.cc isn't still resolved)

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your best bet to avoid a problem like this is to just use a top level domain, not a subdomain. (I.e. .com, .net, .me instead of .co.cc, .co.tv, .co.uk, etc). However, it will cost money to do so most likely.

Deivs

Reaction score
co.cc is still not usable, maybe we can move away from eset. If thousands licenses they lose maybe it will make them think:wink:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
co.cc is still not usable, maybe we can move away from eset. If thousands licenses they lose maybe it will make them think:wink:

co.cc was blocked for very good reason.

Darkmere

Reaction score
Its is advisable to change the security software itself..
But it is a known fact that other free domain systems like cz.cc and dot tk may also face a similar fate from eset.
I think This is all due to the potential spamming sites raising from these free domain registrations.Though many of us are genuine, a few sites are creating problems to many as observed by many on the internet.
Nothing much we can do regarding this.

It is not a few according to the stats over 90% of them are abused and the web hosts that host those sites do not enforce any form of removal due to abuse. So the Security companies are going screw it you do not want to police your accounts we will just block the entire domain.

joemgap

Reaction score
I hope this hosting won't be abused so that .x10.mx would be remain.

Darkmere

Reaction score
it shouldnt ... x10 from what I see takes complaints of abuse seriously.