By June 2012, what version do you think Firefox will be at?

supanut200042

Reaction score
Hint: Firefox 7 is schedule for release by September. Firefox 8 is schedule for release before Christmas. Mozilla had started a new release cycle with new versions coming out between 1 or 2 months.
Assuming that new versions will be out every 2 months after version 8 in November, what version do you think Firefox will be at by June 2012?
My guest is around version 11 or 12 beta.

sidjames

Reaction score
im quite happy with 6, 5 crashed a lot - the number of plugins i have that cannot keep up with the development cycle and have remained greyed out for months is a tad annoying though.

superspidey1944

Reaction score
Don't you think this doesn't worth noticing the new versions of firefox are coming out like hen's egg just a new feature and the mozilla foundation releases a new version.

Think when we were using firefox 1 and there was a rumor for firefox 2 we were very excited every rums had the same news "release of firefox 2" but after that the new versions started coming out very fast and now no one is giving attention to it.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I think it will probably be around 10 or 11 if Mozilla continues to follow their cycle.

Don't you think this doesn't worth noticing the new versions of firefox are coming out like hen's egg just a new feature and the mozilla foundation releases a new version.

Think when we were using firefox 1 and there was a rumor for firefox 2 we were very excited every rums had the same news "release of firefox 2" but after that the new versions started coming out very fast and now no one is giving attention to it.

Completely agree with that. I remember the launch of Firefox 3. There was a huge celebration along with Firefox Download Day, where they tried to set a record for most number of downloads in 24 hours.

However, Firefox 5 and 6 both had almost no celebration upon its release. Not many people even cared or noticed.

I like the rapid release cycle, but they should have used 4.1, 4.2, etc... for these releases and reserved 5.0 and 6.0 for the really big feature updates.

I wonder if the IE Team will continue sending Mozilla a cake upon every release. They're certainly getting smaller though. :)

Last edited:

vekou

Reaction score
I think it would be on version 10.
But if you ask me about what version Chrome will be on June 2012, it probably be on version 125.0.89.0. With its versioning system, it could go on thousands.

nirajkum

Reaction score
I hope they will fix memory problem this time as after some time it seems that firefox consume most of the memory