I am confused which one to use among Corel Draw X5 or Adobe Illustrator CS5.5?

Corel Draw X5 or Adobe Illustrator CS5.5

• Total voters
Reaction score
I am not very experienced, so I am seeking to get ideas from veterans graphic designers in this Forum, which is better to use among Corel Draw X5 or Adobe Illustrator CS5.5

Nitto1320i

Reaction score
depends on your purpose. if you're working on large sized illustration (like billboards) then i would go with corel. both has its own strength and weakness. but basically, it all depends on the user (some would go for corel while other would suggest illustrator). both are great (not mentioning Inkscape since i never tried that) but i myself use illustrator regularly right after adobe bought corel. what i love about illustrator is the compatibility with photoshop which is easier to work with and i only use illustrator for vectors mostly and final touches in photoshop. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
depends on your purpose. if you're working on large sized illustration (like billboards) then i would go with corel. both has its own strength and weakness. but basically, it all depends on the user (some would go for corel while other would suggest illustrator). both are great (not mentioning Inkscape since i never tried that) but i myself use illustrator regularly right after adobe bought corel. what i love about illustrator is the compatibility with photoshop which is easier to work with and i only use illustrator for vectors mostly and final touches in photoshop. :)
o
really? when did adobe bought COREL. never heard before