Who Here Grabbed Windows 7?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Like what ... I have no problem running any 32 bit software with my 64 bit version

In a SysWOW64 installation you cannot run 16-bit applications under a 64-bit Operating System. Windows on Windows cannot run another session of Windows on Windows inside one one another. In this case, you can run anything that is a 32-bit application, but older apps will require a separate, virtualizeed space to run under. Boot up a 32-bit VM and run a 16-bit program in that.

As far as compatibilities go with older apps? Windows Vista 64-bit never gave any problems, nor does Windows 7. It's the 16-bit limitation that persists in many operating systems running on x64/x86_64 platforms that is the hindrance. Unless someone finds a way to emulate the environment while running it under a mode that doesn't require a full reset of the CPU (64-bit Long mode > 16-bit is NOT Native!), you're stuck with VMs.

Last edited:

Darkmere

Reaction score
I was asking what he was trying to run that is causing so much problems that he will not get a 64 bit system. The way he states it it is like he is having so much problems running software.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I was asking what he was trying to run that is causing so much problems that he will not get a 64 bit system. The way he states it it is like he is having so much problems running software.

I know, and I simply wanted to explain something that would perhaps help him run older applications if he's running applications that old.

Reaction score
I grabbed Windows 7 a few weeks after it came out, and I must say it was the best purchase of my life. :)
I've seen Linux-running and I've used MacBook and MacBook-Pro, but Win7 wins by a looong shot - let's not talking about previous Win version XP (Vista doesn't exist for me).
I recommend Windows7-working computers for everyone who wants to buy a new notebook/desktop, because it's easy, fast, light-weight and very customizable.
I LOVE IT!!! :biggrin::biggrin: