2 domains on 1 IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quozzo

Reaction score
I want to host several sites from the same IP but how can i have two or more domains at the same IP but at different directories, for example say i have domain.com and want two sites hosted on it, somesite.com and someother.com how would i enable multiple domains directed at domain.com so somesite.com would be domain.com/somesite and someother.com would be domain.com/someother. Would that be possible through editing the .htaccess file?

Thanks.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I want to host several sites from the same IP but how can i have two or more domains at the same IP but at different directories, for example say i have domain.com and want two sites hosted on it, somesite.com and someother.com how would i enable multiple domains directed at domain.com so somesite.com would be domain.com/somesite and someother.com would be domain.com/someother. Would that be possible through editing the .htaccess file?

Thanks.

Addon domain features will do that.

A addon domain allows you to run a separate site. It loads the files from a descendent folder of your public_html folder. You can pick public_html as the site root, in which case an addon domain will show the same site as your main domain.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You have a site/server with your own IP? Are you running Apache and can control the config files?

Quozzo

Reaction score
Thanks Gouri, and descalzo i ment my x10hosting site, which has a shared IP I'm sure but a unique domain.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks Gouri, and descalzo i ment my x10hosting site, which has a shared IP I'm sure but a unique domain.
then you can use parked domain for a site and a addon domain for other site

parked domain points to your public_html
and
addon domain will points to some folder under public_html

Status
Not open for further replies.