inactivity question

destinie_jones64

Reaction score
Hello,

I went to the forums last week when I got a warning of suspension, but nevertheless my account was still suspended for inactivity this week. Is it actually necessary to post in order to have the forum activity registered?
Many thanks,
Shira Destinie

longbich

Reaction score
I received these messages, warning and then suspension, last week on the 12th/13th Feb. I knew I'd be away from my pc from the 2nd until the 19th. I logged in but did not post a day or so before I was away. It's strange that I am apparently suspended but am still able to post on the forum.
I'll have to double check to see if my site is still operating.

luck31

Reaction score
Ahh someone else whom noticed it too.

I too would like to know if the T&C/policy has changed, since my free account has also been suspended even though I was pretty sure I've been logged into the forums recently. I assumed it was a hiccup in the system, but would if it the rules for free accounts have changed I'd like to know.

Last edited:

longbich

Reaction score
I received these messages, warning and then suspension, last week on the 12th/13th Feb. I knew I'd be away from my pc from the 2nd until the 19th. I logged in but did not post a day or so before I was away. It's strange that I am apparently suspended but am still able to post on the forum.
I'll have to double check to see if my site is still operating.

Okay I checked and it looks like I've been suspended for not logging on (posting) for maybe 19 days. I think I have to start a whole new account.

longbich

Reaction score
Posting has never been required!
I was fairly certain that I logged in the week before I left my PC. I had been quite okay with logging on and reading some threads. I knew about only having to log on without actually posting. I don't think I've been away this time for over the 30 days. I was bitten once before by this with a warning and I have tried not to be caught out again. But somehow I have done something wrong, tsk, tsk and am suspended.
Is there a way of checking when you last logged on?
I started a new account but of course I'd much rather keep the old one.

longbich

Reaction score
Geez I hate getting old. Now I've figured out that just logging onto the Forum is no longer good enough to avoid suspension. I have to log onto the Account Portal, also maybe known as the Hosting Portal, at least once every 30 days. I am still blundering along trying to figure out what the Account Portal is and where it is? I have been trying to upload my original site via Core FTP with a new account name. Of course I've forgotten what to put in all the boxes for Username/User ID/Host etc. Frustrating....of course. I'll get there eventually but geeeez I hate getting old.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

I found it! The Account Portal was right under my nose in the welcome email for me to begin my new account.
Now I have to struggle with remembering how to upload the whole site again.
But I'll do it.
Maybe this time I'll write down the successful steps I take to get everything up and away.
Aaaah but then I'll have to remember where I put the notes......Geez I hate getting old.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Sorry about the confusion! We're trying to make it more simple for everyone.

You'll only need to sign into the Account Portal at https://x10hosting.com/portal to keep your account active for now on. We used to have everyone log into the forums, but we switched it to the portal only at the beginning of January.

If you need any assistance with figuring out the FTP settings for your account, just open a support ticket from the portal and someone will help you out.

Thanks for using x10!

longbich

Reaction score
I almost got there by myself. My original site is back up. I am unsure whether it's the "new" original site with my new details or the old one as my log in name is the old one.So now I think I am logging into the Account Portal but I hope I'm logging in with my correct details.
Thanks for all your trouble Bryon.
The simple "Sign On" to the Account Portal message can be misleading. When I open the Portal aren't I already signed in. There is no sign on box. When I click on the Log Out tab I open the sign in window??

rolandr

Reaction score
Kind of weird coincident for me. I usually use an FTP app to upload things to my site. But my MySQL was not working so I decided to go through the C-Panel see what was wrong.

Then I get an e-mail about inactivity I just wondering: "Was it because first time in a long time I used the C-Panel that trigger off inactivity? I upload images, clips, web pages through FTP app, isn't that activity?"

I finally used the Account Portal just to keep myself "active".

I kind of like the forum because I started to participate in some threads.