Disk Space Usage too low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
It's been like this for a while now...

in my cPanel it says my Disk Space Usage is 36.15 / ∞ MB ... which isn't right. how could it be that little space? it's supposed to be a little over 1100 MB last time I remember ...

any reason why it's like this?

it was like this a little before the memory limit errors set in

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I thought it might be connected to the memory errors? Corey said he'd fixed them but I'm still getting them

Last edited:

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
Have you deleted any files from your server recently?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
You may have had a lot of temporary files (usually in a folder named /tmp/). My temporary files folder became larger than the rest of my files combined a few times in the past.

Your site seems to be a forum, which stores most of its info in a database, so unless a lot of large files are being uploaded or it is very very popular, it is unlikely that a forum will consume over 1 GB of disk space.

Last edited:

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Have you deleted any files from your server recently?

recently? no. I have deleted files before, but they don't drop the usage significantly ...

You may have had a lot of temporary files (usually in a folder named /tmp/). My temporary files folder became larger than the rest of my files combined a few times in the past.

Your site seems to be a forum, which stores most of its info in a database, so unless a lot of large files are being uploaded or it is very very popular, it is unlikely that a forum will consume over 1 GB of disk space.

It was at over 1100 MB though for a long time. it was even over 2000 MB for a while (I have A LOT of files from installing a lot of modifications)

it could be the temp files. I'll take a look...

Status
Not open for further replies.