Can't Create New Database but I'm Not at Maximum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawntc

Reaction score
I currently have two databases (and according to PHPMyAdmin, a third one called information_schema). When I look at my cPanel, it says I have two databases, and that I can have up to four.

When I use MySQL Database Wizard to create a new database, it invariably fails. I'm told there was an error creating the database, the error being that I've exceeded the number of databases I can have. But surely that is wrong! I have two databases, not four. Even weirder, I am still presented the option of creating users for the database.

What. Gives.

My server is Boru, and my package is adfree-infinity.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
cPanel is incorrect.

You are only allowed 2 databases (information_schema does not count) on Free Hosting.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's up to cPanel, unfortunately (it's proprietary software and can't be locally modified). It's reporting an equal allotment of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases (two of each), and PostgreSQL is not enabled on the servers. Not only does cPanel not bother labeling the allotment it's reporting (telling you, for instance, that you are using 2 of 2 MySQL DBs), there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the reporting of the unused RDBMS (or to allot different numbers on the two engines).

Status
Not open for further replies.