IPv6

techman224

Prime Account
Reaction score
Could it be possible to get dedicated IPv6 addresses? It would help as the Internet gradually transitions to IPv6 and more services are offered on it. It shouldn't be hard, as there are plenty of addresses to go around, unlike IPv4. You can get as many batches as you need.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
I'm afraid it's not possible at this time to support IPv6. Our server provider (SingleHOP) do not have the support required as of yet. We also do not know when IPv6 will be enabled for x10's services.

techman224

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm afraid it's not possible at this time to support IPv6. Our server provider (SingleHOP) do not have the support required as of yet. We also do not know when IPv6 will be enabled for x10's services.

Well then could you pass along a message to them to start supporting it. If they start getting requests for it, maybe they will consider it.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Well then could you pass along a message to them to start supporting it. If they start getting requests for it, maybe they will consider it.

Agreed. My Internet is dual-stacked, and already supports IPv6. I would love to see an automatic rollout of v6 addresses to those who can support it.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
While the world is starting to finally support it, the demand for it is extremely low. For us, if I had to guess, I'd say < 1% of customers have even mentioned IPv6 to us. Due to the amount of work to get it implemented it is not a high priority feature at this time.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
While the world is starting to finally support it, the demand for it is extremely low. For us, if I had to guess, I'd say < 1% of customers have even mentioned IPv6 to us. Due to the amount of work to get it implemented it is not a high priority feature at this time.

It's actually not that hard to get it setup on an ISP/Host that doesn't support it.
Just use v6 tunneling through v4.

A great way to start there is using Freenet6. I believe the package to install through OS repositories is named 'gogoc'.
It's entirely free, and does not have a bandwidth limit. It sets up an IPv6 address on your system, and you can set it up as a router too, so it can distribute v6 to all your other systems on the network. But I'm not sure how that would work on a Host... Unless you have a Private Network setup with them, so it wont interfere with other servers. So all you'd have to do is setup one server as a DHCPv6 host, using Gogo's Freenet.

Last edited: