Default page appears instead of Home page

Status
Not open for further replies.

amalfra79

Reaction score
Me too having issue. i am on lotus. Wondering how stupid and scam would the paid hosting will be if this is the reliability and quality of free hosting.

mika_hakkinen10159

Reaction score
Well, I've managed to delete the nasty SPAMMER from my website and changed the Header Logo + Text back to original ,but I found that all my database (pages,posts, artcles, comments on wordpress and phpBB3) is gone. Can the database somehow be restored or it is deleted for ever ?
My website is: http://bulgariansimworld.x10.mx/

coolblu211236

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm on the illuminated plan and I'm having this same issue. Since illuminated is on a different server shouldn't this issue be isolated from the free servers?

Should I open a support ticket? What happened to 99.99% guaranteed uptime?

I've had illuminated for about a year now and this is the first issue with downtime.

svcadm

Reaction score
Well, the site is up and running, but there's still a lot of problems with ftp uploads via filezilla. Most of the transfers are failing.

hgsuppor

Reaction score
I am still having this problem. I have Wordpress installed on it, and this morning when I logged on, Wordpress wanted to reinstall itself. I promptly deleted install.php, but there problem is still there. I noticed that I am now on the Absolut server, and not on Stoli. In my phpMyAdmin, there are no tables in my database anymore. I have not touched this site in a week, and it worked fine when I checked it two nights ago. On top of that, the security certificate doesn't work for this server

1) Why am I on this new server
2) Why is my database screwed up
3) Why doesn't the security certificate work

I'm not going to lie, this last month and a half using these services have probably been the worst I've ever had with a host. It seems my site is down ever other day, and the support I've been receiving is brutal.

EDIT: Looking at my site's statistics on the left sidebar in my cPanel, it says that I'm using 0% storage, and 0% CPU. My database is also 0MB. This is ridiculous

Last edited:

svcadm

Reaction score
My site is gone again. They are having some serious problems. The new server is sh!t. The config is totally fvcked up.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 88730 bytes)
:mad:

fakersmo

Reaction score
I'm having exactly the same problem. I couldn't access my site at all for a couple of days (connection timed out) and now I just get this blue and orange default page instead of the index page of my site. I looked in C-Panel and everything is there as it should be. I'haven't made any changes, so i know the problem isn't with something I've done.

To add insult to injury I tried opening a support ticket, typed in loads of details, then that threw an error too!

I'm getting really fed up with X10. They're the worst hosting company I've ever had the misfortune to have to deal with.

homerthingy65

Reaction score
I'm on Lotus, website is http://pncguild.net

A member told me that the Default Website Page was appearing as soon as I got on this morning. She said it started happening about 3 hours ago.

Clearing browser's cache didn't do anything. Also, when I try to access my /public_html directory, it says permission denied.

amalfra79

Reaction score
One think i can suggest : stop using this stupid scam hosting, and let them rot in hell. Move on to some decent hosting which cares about their customers and dignity.

Why are people trying to do things which they can't?(if you can't provide free hosting then just quit the job and provide only paid hosting. no ones going to complaint)

challapradyumna30

Reaction score
One think i can suggest : stop using this stupid scam hosting, and let them rot in hell. Move on to some decent hosting which cares about their customers and dignity.

Why are people trying to do things which they can't?(if you can't provide free hosting then just quit the job and provide only paid hosting. no ones going to complaint)

Stop *****ing and go for paid hosting if you want to . Why are you here if you think this is a scam. You even did not buy a domain .LOL . x10 is the best free hosting. This is the first downtime i've experienced in almost 8 months and that is good enough if i am not giving anything back.

BTW I've got cPanel Accelerated 2 and my site is up and running. (www.tmdb.co.in) . Aweeeesommmeee . Thank you x10.

eaferrari24

Reaction score
Stop *****ing and go for paid hosting if you want to . Why are you here if you think this is a scam. You even did not buy a domain .LOL . x10 is the best free hosting. This is the first downtime i've experienced in almost 8 months and that is good enough if i am not giving anything back.

BTW I've got cPanel Accelerated 2 and my site is up and running. (www.tmdb.co.in) . Aweeeesommmeee . Thank you x10.

You are absolutely right. If you need a better uptime guarantee go pay for your service. x10 free hosting isn't really that bad considering we are not paying them anything. Since i've been here (~6 months). I've had about a week total of downtime. That equates to a 95% uptime. Not bad... and in both events it was because x10 was UPGRADING the servers for us...

On a different note, I'm on cPanel Accelerated 2 as well. Also I'm no longer on stoli and now on absolut. The displayed cPanel stats are way off with most showing 0 usage.

In my case everything has been running smoothly for the past 20 hours or so. Hope the best for the rest of you guys!

svcadm

Reaction score
Well, my site is up again, but not quite functional. I get errors when I try to access some pages sometimes, and when I try to write new articles etc. Also, there seems to be some hard-handed limitations on the php/mysql resource usages. The server itself is very slow, and I'm really very frustrated right now. (BTW, try nginx for christ's sake, morons)

That being said, I have been using x10hosting's free service for a VERY LONG TIME. This particular account is not very old, though. Anyway, this is the first time I have had to face such problems from x10. And, yes, I have tried DOZENS of "free" hosts out there. I have to admit, x10 has proven to be the best so far. So, I'm gonna keep ranting at the server admin, and you are welcome to do so too, but stop *****in, dumbass. (you know who I'm refering to)

I just hope x10 recovers from this mess soon, and we can all be happy again.
Unfortunately they haven't replied to any of my support tickets yet, but I can understand why.

Peace out...:cool:

itzswa21

Reaction score
Still waiting for the servers to be functional.

BTW, this is the best free hosting which I had ever used..
Thanks for providing such a service. :)

homerthingy65

Reaction score

One thing, or well, several things I can suggest: learn to type, and if you came here to criticize this service, please kindly f*** off.

There's this thing called REAL LIFE, these people that provide us with this fine service have lives behind a computer, and it is more important. Did you know that? Or were you too busy just finding the wrongness with this service? Okay, it's not up all the time, that's the way technology rolls, they always manage to fix things in a timely manner. NOTHING is ever 100%, I'm just thankful I have a free service after paying for the domain I have. Whenever I have a question, one of the X10 members is very quick to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.