Maybe I'm Not Linking It Correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedevi2

Reaction score
Hello,

I've started an index.htm file. I also have a domain name. I went to my domain HQ and Forwarded with Mask to the index.htm file.

Now as for the index.htm file, I made it as a placement page that provides a link that goes to a Facebook band website, but after clicking that link , all I get is a blank page.

What's strange is that it works on certain browsers. Then it doesn't sometimes. Sometimes I have to be logged into facebook to access that band page. It's confusing.

Anyhow, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if what I'm trying to explain does not make sense, feel free to let me know and I'll help to clarify more.

Website in Question

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You are using "frame redirection" which messes a lot of things up. The link to facebook is inside a frame

My suggestion is to add the domain to your account as a parked domain and forget about the frame redirection

Another (quick) fix might be to just add

target="_top"

inside the link.

thedevi2

Reaction score
You are using "frame redirection" which messes a lot of things up. The link to facebook is inside a frame

My suggestion is to add the domain to your account as a parked domain and forget about the frame redirection

Another (quick) fix might be to just add

target="_top"

inside the link.

Thank you, descalzo. That makes all the sense in the world. I just did your quick fix, cleared the caches for all browsers and it seems to work without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.