Web site temporarily disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbrewe

Reaction score
This is getting tiresome - I visit the site once and immediately get locked out - 3 days in a row. I recently tested out some weather feeds which may be driving up resource usage, but if that's the case the quota needs to be increased.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi, the suspension history of your linked account shows nothing about hitting resource limits - please can you describe in detail what you are doing and what error you are receiving? The site I am seeing that is linked to your forums account loads fine and quickly too, nice choice of WordPress theme.

caftpx10

Reaction score
No emails of a potential false-positive site temporary lockdown? Interesting.
Perhaps little bit of logging should be done so that the thing causing the problem could be spotted?

semsemx1

Reaction score
It's been happening for days. It's very annoying. The site becomes accessible at the top of the hour, and ONE page view kills it, and it's another hour of downtime.
Something's wrong with x10's backend. It never happened before. If you had a script that took the full 30 seconds allowed and ended with an execution time error message (i.e., database update script that hadn't been run in days), you could re-run it as much as you want and the sire was never disabled. Now...disabled; disabled; disabled; disabled; disabled; disabled; disabled. Exactly like clockwork. You regain access to your account for a few hours and then all of a sudden it's disabled for some other reason than a long-executing script. It's getting to every page view.

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
Hi, the suspension history of your linked account shows nothing about hitting resource limits - please can you describe in detail what you are doing and what error you are receiving? The site I am seeing that is linked to your forums account loads fine and quickly too, nice choice of WordPress theme.
I don't think he is talking about "suspension".
I think he is talking about when he gets:
The website has been temporarily disabled due to excessive resource usage. Please try your request again shortly. This temporary block has been imposed due to your account exceeding the free hosting account hourly CPU allotment.
Sounds like a bad WordPress plugin.

webbrewe

Reaction score
Sharky - I'm just opening the site and within minutes I get the "disabled" page.
Angus - yes, could be. I'll disable plug ins and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.