File size question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spbcx10m

Reaction score
I've been looking all over this site to try to find out what file size limits are associated with all the different hosting accounts you have. I couldn't see anything written in the terms of service or features pages for free hosting.

The reason I ask is that I have been putting recordings of Sunday services on my church website, and up until earlier this month everything seemed to be working OK. Today I noticed the files I had in the media folder are missing, so it could be a recent change that is not fully documented yet? There were not many audio files, I only had the latest service linked to the player on the homepage. I don't think they received many hits, although it is difficult to tell how often they were accessed with the statcounter service I have been using.

For the approximately 1hr 30 minute services the mp3 and ogg files I produce to use with the html 5 audio player come out between 70 and 80MB at 128kbps.
On another thread I saw it said that there is a 10MB limit on free hosting and files larger than that are deleted after 4 hours? What level of hosting do I need to have to remove this restriction? I may try to think of another way round the problem rather than pay for hosting though, as other than this the free hosting seems to be very good.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
On another thread I saw it said that there is a 10MB limit on free hosting and files larger than that are deleted after 4 hours? What level of hosting do I need to have to remove this restriction?
from thread --> [ https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/news.196269/ ]
Going forward we're going to automatically remove files over 10MB in size ... This change will not be applied to prime\illuminated\premium accounts
it is in the 'Terms of Service' (TOS) at [ File Storage ] - see --> [ https://x10hosting.com/legal/terms-of-service ]

Status
Not open for further replies.