404 Error ++

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouthac

Reaction score
New to this whole domain thing and kinda messed up when trying to redirect the whole free link to the paid. Long story short. Every time I go to ( Scouthacks.com ) It give me "
Not Found
The requested URL /home/scouthac/public_html/scouthacks.x10host.com was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request." On Google Chrome ONLY. If I check it on IE then I get the site. Any ideas on how to fix or ect. I actually did leave Xhost because of this error. I also took the xhost Nameservers off the domain along with getting rid of all links / websites / domains on xhost.

#1: Yes I know I messed up trying to redirect.
#2: Why is it only Google chrome
#3: How can I prevent this in the future

asianzon

Reaction score
Have you tried cleaning your cache and stuff on google chrome?
New to this whole domain thing and kinda messed up when trying to redirect the whole free link to the paid. Long story short. Every time I go to ( Scouthacks.com ) It give me "
Not Found
The requested URL /home/scouthac/public_html/scouthacks.x10host.com was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request." On Google Chrome ONLY. If I check it on IE then I get the site. Any ideas on how to fix or ect. I actually did leave Xhost because of this error. I also took the xhost Nameservers off the domain along with getting rid of all links / websites / domains on xhost.

#1: Yes I know I messed up trying to redirect.
#2: Why is it only Google chrome
#3: How can I prevent this in the future

scouthac

Reaction score
I just cleared "Within the past day / 24 hr" which was when this was made.

Browsing history
Download history
Cookies and other site and plug-in data
Cached images and files
Passwords
Autofill form data
Hosted app data
Content licenses

Now I get "Domain document root not found."
Thank you for the response.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Can you show us the screenshot of the message "Domain document root not found"?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi scouthac,

In Google Chrome, scouthacks.com currently displays correctly. This is most likely an issue with caching. :)

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
with my ChromeOS browser - domain [ scouthacks.com ] has no issues

BUT
that domain shows a IP of [ 31.170.160.161 ] - which is at a other host - not at x10hosting

EDIT - at about 18:17 2015-05-11 UTC
now shows ad for other host

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
Additionally, it seems that it's hosted at Hostinger (as hinted by the in-your-face advertisement).

scouthac

Reaction score
I was jumping around from hosts to see if it was a host issue or not. I am not sure why It is not working for me on my google chrome after clearing everything. It does work on IE and it also works on my moblie -Google chrome. Do you think switching back may help my issues. Also yeah 000webhost is very very very crappy. Very disappointed but going to switch back

caftpx10

Reaction score
If it works on mobile and different browsers, then clearly it's an issue with Chrome on your PC. What version of Chrome are you using (in full)?

scouthac

Reaction score
Well I have seem to fixed the issue with google chrome (VR 42.0.2311.135 m) Now IE is having issues but clearly a cache problem. But I made the host on x10hosting again and it seems to work in GC. Also should I be using parked domain or addon

scouthac

Reaction score
Here is an update of everything after getting things where they need to be. I have the site on x10hosting with the correct nameserver. It only works Google Chrome for my PC. I tried on my mobile Chrome and it did not work also does not work in IE. When I try on IE it brings up the old host. Could this just be a delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.