x10 free host Themeforest capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

carloola

Reaction score
Good day!

I'm planning to use x10 free hosting for my upcoming web templates to be submitted in Themeforest marketplace. There's a feature there called Live Demo, and it is required to have one when you're selling a web template. That means you need to have your web template running for potential buyers to view your template live and give them an idea on how it really looks like. If they clicked Live Demo, they will be redirected to the webhost the user used. My question is can it handle visitors from Themeforest, considering my themes could be viewed easily by a thousand audience maybe daily (if my information is correct).

Thanks

Last edited:

chatngox

Reaction score
It should be able to, I don't see why not. Just go and disable registration, because u won't need it and have just yourself or anyone who is also working on it. But if you're creating multiple database then no as free hosting only allows 2.
I suggest using some sort of drop down and use a URL to switch themes instead.
Good luck

critter74854

Reaction score
considering my themes could be viewed easily by a thousand audience maybe daily

(I'm assuming it's a WordPress theme you have made since WordPress now powers over 23% of sites.)

I'll doubt any Free Hosing provider will handle so many daily visits on a WordPress website. Unless a good CDN was used and the site was cached.
ie. The host will need to only give out html and not database inquiries, images and heavy scripts should load from a CDN.
With this in place you just might get away with your theme demo site working.
But in my honest opinion if you are really expecting such traffic consider a Pro Hosting package...

What's your theme's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.