Mailchimp bulk email sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauwiksx

Reaction score
I'm sorry for asking this, but I'm still confused about some stuffs about the Terms of Service. About the prohibited bulk emailing. So, is this mean we cannot use Marketing campaigns like Mailchimp when hosting with x10hosting?

Please advice. Thanks!

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry for asking this, but I'm still confused about some stuffs about the Terms of Service. About the prohibited bulk emailing. So, is this mean we cannot use Marketing campaigns like Mailchimp when hosting with x10hosting?

Please advice. Thanks!

You can use mailchimp to send out your emails, what you can't do is bulk email from your x10hosting account itself.

mauwiksx

Reaction score
so within the webmail? what if I'll use my email that I created from my x10hosting acct? I mean the email I'll use that is "from" when I'll use Mailchimp.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
so within the webmail? what if I'll use my email that I created from my x10hosting acct? I mean the email I'll use that is "from" when I'll use Mailchimp.

If you use the x10hosting email as the "From" field but sending it from Mailchimp, it should be fine since it isn't using x10's server itself to send out the bulk emails, however if you were to install a bulk email script on your account and use the x10hosting account server to send out mass emails then it would be against the ToS.

In short, using the email address is fine to do if you are mailing on MailChimp. HOWEVER, you must follow the acceptable use policy:

You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.

https://x10hosting.com/legal/acceptable-use-policy#Bulk_Email

Using the webmail or a script on your x10hosting account to do the emails will be against the ToS.

You may want to confirm this with a staff member as in terms of Marketing emails, I am not 100% sure if you are using an x10hosting subdomain, but if you are using your own domain, it should be fine.

mauwiksx

Reaction score
If you use the x10hosting email as the "From" field but sending it from Mailchimp, it should be fine since it isn't using x10's server itself to send out the bulk emails, however if you were to install a bulk email script on your account and use the x10hosting account server to send out mass emails then it would be against the ToS.

In short, using the email address is fine to do if you are mailing on MailChimp. HOWEVER, you must follow the acceptable use policy:

You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.

https://x10hosting.com/legal/acceptable-use-policy#Bulk_Email

Using the webmail or a script on your x10hosting account to do the emails will be against the ToS.

You may want to confirm this with a staff member as in terms of Marketing emails, I am not 100% sure if you are using an x10hosting subdomain, but if you are using your own domain, it should be fine.

Thank you so much. You're my Hero! Actually, I have an account here, but my website is still in the process of building. I am formerly with another hosting and planning to transfer my website here and grow here with x10hosting as I found the plans are interesting including the feedback with its performance.

Anyway, thanks a lot for clearing things out for me. You're so kind. Thank you. I wish you the best. PM soon

Best regards,

Mau

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Granted I only have one person following me via email, but that uses WordPress to send out the automated emails whenever I make a post and I haven't gotten suspended yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.