Cannot access account cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenw5

Reaction score
When I try to access my free hosting cpanel I get a message that says "Invalid login information provided." I can log in to the forum using the same information so I have requested a password reset email twice but so far I have not received anything.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Your account panel username isn't necisarily the same one you use to log into the forum.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't see an account under this forum account, what is your domain?

greenw5

Reaction score
Your account panel username isn't necisarily the same one you use to log into the forum.
I've always used the same login details without any issue. Also tried to login to cpanel using my email address but got the same result. I've also tried requesting a password reset email (twice) but have not received anything. My email address must be valid as I received a notification that I had got replies in the forum so I really don't understand what the issue is.

greenw5

Reaction score
I don't see an account under this forum account, what is your domain?
My domain is greenwaytech.x10.mx. I've not received any notification regarding the domain being suspended or removed although it has not been used for anything apart from email mostly.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That account has been deleted, it seems, which would go a long way towards explaining why you can't log into it. I noticed you mentioned logging into cPanel; the only thing that counts as "activity" on a hosting account is logging into the single sign-on portal at https://x10hosting.com/sso/login/ - and you're required to do that at least once every 30 days. If you miss out, your account will be suspended, but you have 21 days where you can log in and unsuspend yourself. After that, it will be terminated/deleted.

It is possible that notifications were sent and that you never received them. They may have been routed to your spam folder, or (depending on the mail service provider) they may have been silently discarded. I'm afraid that the x10Hosting servers don't get a lot of love in the wild (although since user accounts are no longer allowed to use the x10hosting.com domain, and haven't been allowed to do so for quite a long time now, there is no longer a legitimate reason for any service provider or third-party spam filter to filter or discard mail from that domain).

greenw5

Reaction score
Thanks essellar, that does explain a lot but I'm still baffled as to why or how my domain has been deleted without me getting some sort of notification. I've never had that sort of issue before with account suspensions or any other email communications such as password changes etc. I'm not sure what you mean about the x10hosting.com domain had been disallowed; is that for new sign-ups?

If my domain is now removed completely, with no option of recovery, is it possible to create a domain with the same name on this account? Can I create a new domain on this account or will I have to start again from scratch with a new account registration?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No, I mean that your email provider simply throws away mail that comes from <anybody>@x10hosting.com for whatever reason. (There were spam issues years ago when users were allowed to have accounts on an x10hosting.com subdomain. For instance, your account's domain might have been greenwaytech.x10hosting.com if you'd signed up four or five years ago.) It happens from time to time, but there's no legitimate reason for it to happen anymore.

Yes, you should be able to create a new account with the same name/domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.