x10 emails not getting to hotmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deviousrich

Reaction score
Hi

i have email configured and all was working successfully but noticed today that emails set to hotmail are not arriving (not even shown in spam etc). To other domains the emails are getting through so im confident the client is setup correctly.

has anyone else noticed anything similar?

thanks!

deviousrich

Reaction score
everything i can see shows me its not actually leaving the x10 SMTP when i email to a hotmail address. does anyone know what rules x10 has in place for sending emails? these are just plaintext emails to just one recipient but anything to a .hotmail.com recipient are failing consistently.

deviousrich

Reaction score
i even tried to send the message manually from telnet via SMTP (non SSL) so i could see any errors and as soon as i set the rcpt to be a hotmail address it flags as junkmail with a 500 error. anyone got any ideas how i can resolve?

lylex10h

Reaction score
I was able to duplicate this on my account (xo7.x10hosting.com) using webmail. I sent a message to my @gmail.com and CCed the message to my @hotmail.com account. It arrived in Gmail but not Hotmail.
Gmail reported:
SPF: SOFTFAIL with IP 198.91.80.251
DKIM: PASS with domain mydomain.net

I've updated my SPF to include edge.x10hosting.com so I'll check later and see if that makes a difference.
198.91.80.251 is on multiple blacklists, see http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/198.91.80.251.html

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was able to duplicate this on my account (xo7.x10hosting.com) using webmail. I sent a message to my @gmail.com and CCed the message to my @hotmail.com account. It arrived in Gmail but not Hotmail.
Gmail reported:
SPF: SOFTFAIL with IP 198.91.80.251
DKIM: PASS with domain mydomain.net

I've updated my SPF to include edge.x10hosting.com so I'll check later and see if that makes a difference.
198.91.80.251 is on multiple blacklists, see http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/198.91.80.251.html
never seen (or used) such a large listing before, thanks.
But since many of those lists block entire ranges, its not unusual to get a few failures
even though some failures were due to a problem with the name server and not spamming.
But I think 10 failures out of like 255+ blacklists checked, is not a bad number compared to other ip's.

Just a thought, its possible hotmail blocked x10hosting and just never released it.
(but then I havent used hotmail in many years)

lylex10h

Reaction score
I ran the same test again (Google shows SPF: PASS with IP 198.91.80.251) but still now message at hotmail (I had to use it the other day to reset the password on my Angelfire account:rofl:)

deviousrich

Reaction score
thanks SpacreSX but its not all email, as described its only email going to hotmail so its not my account password. i have created a new email account on the same domain and the same issue persists. Emails in general work fine but anything to hotmail is silently dropped.
lylex10h, the error message is even before any data is added to the SMTP message (i was sending the email manually on telnet) so as soon as i did the rcpt:myemail@hotmail.com the x10 SMTP server errored and closed the session which is what makes me think its something at x10 end not blacklist/SPF/DKIM related

mercasel

Reaction score
When I set up my website months ago the SMTP mailing script worked fine and sent e-mails to my hotmail.es address. Yesterday I noticed that it is no longer working.

deviousrich

Reaction score
sorry Lylex10h i've struggled against this too long and moved my email to a different provider. Im sure its the x10 SMTP on xo5 when sending to any hotmail email addresses. If i can help diagnose or retest anything do let me know

madsurfer68

Reaction score
well Im having the same problem
I have a phpbb forum, and I cant send any activation email to microsfot domains (live, outlook and hotmail) all others work fine
try'ed several emails with diferent domains, and the problem mantains, even with smtp autentication
does anyone have a clue on resolving this?

deviousrich

Reaction score
still prevalent, anyone on X10 going to look at this? This thread has been linked to by many already......

wodongax

Reaction score
I'll just add the same happening here too.
Be it emails sent form the website or emails I've sent to a hotmail addy, Nothing ever gets received. No Junk, No Spam just nuffing.

ukipfor2

Reaction score
Bit of a joke this, it's delaying the launch of my website massively, it's a shop, a shop that can't email customers with a popular Email address is useless...
How I'm supposed to get the money together to upgrade to Premium when i can't even launch the site I'll never know.

deviousrich

Reaction score
hi ukipfor2, i feel your pain on this. note that you dont have to use the 10 email servers, ive configured mine to a different email provider https://www.zoho.eu/mail/ no idea if they are any better or worse but they do work with hotmail!

deviousrich

Reaction score
just bouncing this up to the top. Seems like there is a lot of chaos on the forums at the moment but it would be good if anyone could look at this!

Status
Not open for further replies.