I can't enter CPanel Error: Cannot read license file

Status
Not open for further replies.

tymx10ho

Reaction score
The `lisense´file has disappeared! (I will have deleted it, of course). It does not allow me to enter the CPanel because it cannot find it. Does anyone know how I solve this?

stormsto

Reaction score
As of this morning I'm unable to access cpanel and my email is failing with an authentication error. Can you say when this issue will be fixed and if any action is needed to reconfigure the account? I've read the directadmin notice but it's not clear how long the outage will last? Should we expect the service to be down for weeks, days or hours? When will we be able to access our email?

fproyect

Reaction score
I have the same problem, and I know what the reason is, but I need to access urgently, as this is created for a course final project and the final date is coming really fast.
I guess I will need to create a new account and abandon this, as no alternative is provided.

susanna4

Reaction score
I have been having this issue for over 24 hours now (it figures that I had planned a bunch of maintenance for yesterday and today). Has anyone tried using FTP instead? I am planning to download an FTP client later today if I'm still having the issue. I believe this will resolve on its own once the migration is complete, but I don't know for sure!

fproyect

Reaction score
I have been having this issue for over 24 hours now (it figures that I had planned a bunch of maintenance for yesterday and today). Has anyone tried using FTP instead? I am planning to download an FTP client later today if I'm still having the issue. I believe this will resolve on its own once the migration is complete, but I don't know for sure!

As far as I know, FTP is working fine. I can upload and download files from it. My problem is I need to access de DB, and that can't be done.

sebnpals

Reaction score
Also they have to learn the new panel I mean they know everything they needed to know with CPanel and Direct Admin is pretty different so even if they do get it setup they have to figure out how to add limits and disable certain functions they also may take the time to update php and more

homestil

Reaction score
So what's the expected downtime? So far it's been a week.

I trust Corey (CEO) to get it right, but being offline for weeks will hurt (even kill?) some.

Last edited:

fproyect

Reaction score
As it was posted.
that the change from cpanel to the other one will cause
problems for many, Everyone needs to have patience.
and let them get things working as needed.
As I said in my first post, I know and understand the reason, but sometimes you don't have time to wait. In other moments, waiting is an option. For me, this time, is not. That simple.

mycoo368

Reaction score
I see, cPanel is more expensive that DirectAdmin.

cPanel top tier - $45/month
DirectAdmin top tier - $29/month

x10 is doing the best to negotiate to keep cPanel but if they price too high, than they have to switch to a cheaper option and raise prices for paid members.

Though it seems this migration is affecting the load times of web pages.

mycoo368

Reaction score
UPDATE: I contacted support, before I knew about this and the response was hopefully we'll have access to DirectAdmin within the next 24-48 hours.

ygweblog

Reaction score
Does anyone know what will happen with log into the cpanel at least once per month while maintenance is taking place??

susanna4

Reaction score
fproyect, I feel for you. I was once a college student and I agree this is terrible timing for you. My hopes are that it will be up tomorrow. While most users can wait, this could be a real cause for distress during finals week. Which I assume this is, right now! (This is when my finals week was when I was in college.)

What I would suggest is talk to your professor, explain the situation, and ask if you can get an Incomplete. I don't know about your school, but mine would allow something like 2 months to turn in final work to correct an Incomplete. I once showed up at the wrong time to take an exam and got an Incomplete. There were two dates for the exam (we could choose one) and I came at the right time for the first date, but on the second date (which unfortunately, the time for the first option was later than the time for the second). I let my professor know after sitting there for half an hour wondering where everyone was. He was going overseas and had to catch a flight, so I had to make up the exam after winter break. It should be OK.

Best of luck to you! Here's hoping you can access your DB tomorrow.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
If the files are hosted on x10hosting is important to you you should have a backup/development code synchronize to x10hosting network from your computer or any other devices. It is under their Terms of Servive that you should RESPONSIBLE for your own files in cases like these. You are not the only one whos skip read and accept the terms of service. The BACKUP their talking in here is SERVER Wide not per account.

susanna4

Reaction score
cjptomas80, I agree completely and I have all my files on both my PC and a thumb drive, as well as x10host. I also have 48 updates I was going to make earlier this week. I acknowledge that the service is free and I have no right to complain if I am not paying for it. However, I was once a college student who lost everything from GeoCities, and most of it was not backed up. I went to back it up and it had disappeared. I feel for anyone too young and inexperienced not to trust a free provider not to lose your content. This also happened to me on Tripod and Crosswinds. I wish I had backed it all up. Now, I know to do so. I wish I had been wiser many years ago.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just to add to this messy thread.(that strayed from the original post)

I agree on the backups of your files, using an html editor or ftp client from your pc
still works good and lets you update your website/files right now.
while all this is going on with cpanel changes etc...
personally i use dreamweaver cs5 to do my editing and backups.
no problems at all yet with mine, but i dont rely on email from x10hosting website,
thats why i suggested using alternative email accounts then you wouldn't be effected.
just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.