Here are some ups and downs of having a free hosting account.

raeeddoe

Reaction score
Please be noted these are my opinions.

Pros:
Lets you code your own website
Gives you free MySQL and PHP servers
Gives you free emails
Lets you send emails with PHP

Cons:
Limited databases (can upgrade to get more)
File limit (10mb idk if you can upgrade to remove this)
Site likes to go down sometimes

x10hosting will continue to be my preferred hosting provider for the time. I believe they provide the best services compared to Hostinger and other competitors. Tell me what you think below!

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have tried almost every free hosting out there today,
and honestly no one has come close to x10hosting for free accounts.

many now require you to participate in their forums and earn points
for the free hosting, or they jump to fast to delete your free account.
at least x10 is understanding and allows many suspended accounts
to be un-suspended by easily asking them to do it usually.
even 3 or 4 months after they were suspended.

in the 2 to 3 years ive had x10hosting, the only cons i seen are:

- the file size limit of 10mb. (and the auto-delete if it is over 10mb)
- the 30day login rule (that so many forget about, leading to suspensions)
- the change from cpanel to DirectAdmin (i preferred cpanel with x3 theme)
(it took me a while to get used to the directadmin interface)

i never experienced downtime yet in 3 yrs ive been here.
i never had an issue with the amount of mysql databases,
it helps that in most cases you can add scripts to the same database.

wooprapp

Reaction score
Infinity was pretty cool... Irritating people though and they’re forceful restricting.

That Shark one was cool to... I ran my own servers and stuff at home and it was really expensive. So, x10 does exactly what I was going to do anyways.

Basically, I make an empty folder, make my website directory in it, park a domain on it, assign some name servers and dns. Then just install whatever software I want to run and allow the ports through my router.

That’s all they do but they got a connection panel.

It’s amazing. Especially when you can create your own software for universal apps. Imagine that along with a self-subscribing domain registry system so everyone will have their own domain name in social lives. ‍♂️

I’d do it but, that’s intense.

I’d only want to do something like that if I could make music and be a Cyber Cop.

Also, have any x10 users not noticed that x10 (and our websites) have been down for months? Y’all wrote this in 2020, it’s now 2021 and the service isn’t repaired yet. I finally regained access to my SSL, account, DA and FTP. But, I can’t upload because my iNodes are going stupid 500,000+.

Last edited:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
have any x10 users not noticed that x10 (and our websites) have been down for months?
Ive been here like 2+ years and havent had any "downage" at all.
so i dont know what your referring to, unless you mean when they were doing
the account migrations from Cpanel to DirectAdmin.
but then that was understandable when moving so many accounts.

you mention the high inode usage, it dont help with wordpress,
and all the cache files and e-mail people never think to clear from their account.
backing up files on a server is not what x10 is for.

wooprapp

Reaction score
Ive been here like 2+ years and havent had any "downage" at all.
so i dont know what your referring to, unless you mean when they were doing
the account migrations from Cpanel to DirectAdmin.
but then that was understandable when moving so many accounts.

you mention the high inode usage, it dont help with wordpress,
and all the cache files and e-mail people never think to clear from their account.
backing up files on a server is not what x10 is for.
I’m aware. Eh, I feel as if the “migration” took months.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i know the migration didnt actually go as smooth as expected.
there were a lot of problems and people had to wait longer then expected.
i know x15 was one of the last ones that got done, im on it.
but by the time they got to mine most of the issues got fixed.
so that was 1 benefit of having to wait a while longer.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I wish I was active during the move. I was taking an x10 break so the forums didn't have a lot of help sometimes. The biggest issue I see at x10 is lack of communication. People are OK with server downtime if they know why it is happening and when it will be fixed. Or, if you need information from the user, you have to tell them "post XYZ so we can fix your account." Unfortunately, some critical information was misunderstood by the users, or hard to find, and so people got angry. Hopefully that won't be the case going forward, but with community support only, it can be unpredictable who is signed in and what access they have.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@ garrettroyce, one problem i think is actually with many
users lack of knowledge of what to do or how to go about doing it.
even when the help is given by other users.

I suggested updating the help pages/tutorials to reflect DirectAdmin.
as Cpanel doc's do not do much good for the free DirectAdmin servers.
even though the odds x10 getting a chance to do that may be nil.

eliteel5

Reaction score
I have tried almost every free hosting out there today,
and honestly no one has come close to x10hosting for free accounts.

many now require you to participate in their forums and earn points
for the free hosting, or they jump to fast to delete your free account.
at least x10 is understanding and allows many suspended accounts
to be un-suspended by easily asking them to do it usually.
even 3 or 4 months after they were suspended.

in the 2 to 3 years ive had x10hosting, the only cons i seen are:

- the file size limit of 10mb. (and the auto-delete if it is over 10mb)
- the 30day login rule (that so many forget about, leading to suspensions)
- the change from cpanel to DirectAdmin (i preferred cpanel with x3 theme)
(it took me a while to get used to the directadmin interface)

i never experienced downtime yet in 3 yrs ive been here.
i never had an issue with the amount of mysql databases,
it helps that in most cases you can add scripts to the same database.

I love your reply

Try Facebook , linked in , twitter not for websites either , just generally speaking and not that you would ever learn any thing of real value save that of the very odd few who run tutorials on that site with discussion groups

You want to see the constant rows , deliberate, no end of falsified news , constant lets see who we can setup with the usual mob

Its full of politics and religious extremists , none of which have anywhere near the skills that you will attain on X10, most are pretty clueless when it comes to technology never mind web technologies, communications or much else

Nearly all of these sites are dedicated to how I love myself, me and think I'm ever so smart and and how brilliant they all are until you find out what they are really all about and that will really open your eyes

Every few minutes they want to over exert power normally over nothing at all while they invite the worst possible type you could ever have on a network which has resulted in assaults , kidnappings , con merchants which their so called safety aware community standards actually do nothing about or address any of this at all or they pick on anyone with any real know how , typically through their own failures and shear lack of professionalism

Linked-in just crashes all the time and is simply full of big shots who really do think they are something special and it is full of people like this You cant raise any point which doesn't meet their clicky click crew or hold a sensible discussion of any sorts

Yes I can say this from shear hard learned experience in which Ive had the displeasure of doing business with some of these on linked , the supposed professionals living in the mega super expensive apartments only not to be paid and all sorts

All three sites mentioned are real bad news , especially if you want to do anything serious or remotely decent , although yes there are far worse out there as you mention and equally there are a few decent good people using Facebook but they dont stay long I can assure you

Any good ideas you suggest are never taken any notice of what so ever , or any real points of real concern that regard any real truths are very quickly removed owing to the same old criteria of political status , political correctness, and of course monetary status The normal three ingredients that we forever hear and read about culminating in false accusations, and civil wars , riots etc

They are very good at doing that much ,the typical news of the world , gutter press story Whats new ?

The odd few that are any good at what they do are all thinking of leaving these sites some of whom I personally know and whom hold positions in society that are highly professional some are members of the bar in legal positions and it shows as well when discussing issues , subjects of all types in interest and within industry

They are mostly leaving due to the dirt that surrounds these sites owing to the very much community standards issues which quite frankly you would have no option to laugh at such are their standards with no litigation at all You cannot even contact them to express opinion whether right or wrong

Lucky I would say myself

You have some remarkable people on this site in voluntary positions which I think ought to praised for what they do and provide so I'm please to be part of X10

I can now do something constructive and to the benefit of people whom do deserve far better in life and there many people who do !!

Yes its needs people to assist each other and it could really do with an instruction / tutorial part set aside which does explain in more depth

That would be an excellent proposal

Generally speaking and with all sincerity this is by far the best site Ive come across to date, Ive no complaints about X10 at all and would recommend this site to any decent professional of any part of trade and industry or those whom we actually have left put in another sad context

I am that much impressed as well

So I will be upgrading my account once Ive managed to assert far better understanding of how X10 operates and services with my own improvements of know how but I will be upgrading and have every intention of doing this

Nice to hear some really good comments from other people

Have a good weekend all

Last edited: