PHP file becomes empty.

kawiesh

Reaction score
Hello, I've been trying to install this php based Tiny File Manager . The installation consists of copying two files (< 200KB) to the directory: config.php and tinyfilemanager.php. When I upload these files and refresh, the config.php stays the same, but the tinyfilemanager.php becomes an empty file of 0B. Uploaded using FTP client and the file manager from client area.

Is there a possibile explanation for this?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
are you uploading to "domains/yourwebsite/public_html" ?
you can try renaming "tinyfilemanager.php" (be sure to make changes to the config file if you rename)
its possible part of the code in tinyfilemanager.php is corrupted.

kawiesh

Reaction score
are you uploading to "domains/yourwebsite/public_html" ?
you can try renaming "tinyfilemanager.php" (be sure to make changes to the config file if you rename)
its possible part of the code in tinyfilemanager.php is corrupted.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Yes I'm uploading it to the public_html folder. Also tried uploading in its subfolders. Tried renaming first and then uploading and vice versa. Didn't work.

I also tried with 2 older versions of tinyfilemanager.php, same problem.

The file gets uploaded successfully (I can even open it using my ftp client). But when I try to access it using my browser I get a blank page, and when I refresh my ftp client, it says 0B. When I open it, it's empty.

I have zero experience with php; might some of the code trigger an automatic system causing it to wipe it maybe?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
normally x10 support will not provide support for 3rd party php scripts.
you basically install them at your own risk.

some help might be available if another user here used that script before.
or if they had experience with such scripts.

with that said,
have you tried lowering the php version to closer match the php 5.5 requirement ?
do you match all the other requirements for the script ?
did you upload all the files and rename any that needed it ?

some scripts might not be allowed especially if it exceeds the allowed size limit.
i think there is some automatic file scanner that checks files that might catch something to.

kawiesh

Reaction score
Found a fix on GitHub. Apparently the file kept being wiped because it was (falsely) detected as malware by the Imunify360 Plugin. Fixed by removing a line from the file containing "H3K | ".