Problem running a yii comand with the cron

connectingpeople

Reaction score
Hi! I'm doing a chat for a school project and I'm having some problems with uploading the API. The API has been developed with YII2 and I need to execute a YII console script that opens a Socket IO server (the one I use is an adaption of PHP made with Workers, please let me know if you need further information about it).I've tried to execute a CRON command, similar to the one I use in Windows, but with no positive result (I've checked the email but there's nothing). So, do you know if the command varies from Windows to Linux? In that case, how would it be?

Thanks a million (in advance) for your help

ctyrd

Reaction score
@connectingpeople

x10 Free hosting does not have console/terminal access on free services. I do see Yii framework in softaculous. So you created a cron job to execute the Yii script?

Are you trying to install Yii? Or a chat app?

Last edited:

connectingpeople

Reaction score
Hi @ctyrd. I'm sorry for taking so long to answer...

I've created a chat app from the very beginning. I've used Angular for the frontend (which works perfectly) and Yii for the backend (which is divided in two parts: the API and the chat server).

I've been able to completely upload the frontend and backend to the X10 hosting server. What I'm trying to execute now is the chat server, which is part of the Yii project, but all the rest works just fine.

Thanks a lot :)

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
x10 does not provide script support.
any scripts used must comply with the terms of service.