Two Factor Authentication - Invalid Code

chr_ebsch

Reaction score
I just set up a free hosting account and a domain with x10hosting. Upon accessing the Direct Admin Hosting Control Panel for this domain, I proceeded to setup security questions and activate two-factor authentication. I was able to generate a secret, scan the QR code with the Google Authenticator App, and save the active 2FA settings. However, after logging out and attempting to log back in, the code generated by Google Authenticator resulted in an invalid code error message. I am now unable to access my account altogether.

Is there a way to temporarily remove 2FA and recover my account through the security questions added?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I just set up a free hosting account and a domain with x10hosting. Upon accessing the Direct Admin Hosting Control Panel for this domain, I proceeded to setup security questions and activate two-factor authentication. I was able to generate a secret, scan the QR code with the Google Authenticator App, and save the active 2FA settings. However, after logging out and attempting to log back in, the code generated by Google Authenticator resulted in an invalid code error message. I am now unable to access my account altogether.

Is there a way to temporarily remove 2FA and recover my account through the security questions added?
can you sign in to your control panel https://x10hosting.com/panel
then reset your 2FA ?