INTERESTED but....

Muddle

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm missing or misunderstanding something. I did submit the email form to 10X 'staff' but have no reply. I'm interested in a 3 year account but want some better information first. Here goes.
The outline for Premium service for 3 years states;
FREE DOMAIN EACH YEAR
FREE SSL CERTIFICATE
FREE DEDICATED IP ADDRESS

Further down the page prices are stated as; All of the .com, .net, .org, and .info TLDs are only $9.95 per year. And if your website needs security, we also offer traditional SSL Certificates and Wildcard SSL certificates for only $9.95 and $49.95 per year.

To me, this is highly confusing.
Questions;
If I sign up for your 3 year plan is SSL and domain renewal included? If so does this count for a domain pointed or do I need to transfer?
I have just purchased a .com domain. If I sign up for your free hosting to start (as a trial), can I use this or do I need to use one of the odd extensions?
Can I have 2 websites (and domains) on one plan or do I need a separate plan for each?
If I sign up for 3 year premium at 3.95 usd does it jump in price at renewal?

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm missing or misunderstanding something. I did submit the email form to 10X 'staff' but have no reply. I'm interested in a 3 year account but want some better information first. Here goes.
The outline for Premium service for 3 years states;
FREE DOMAIN EACH YEAR
FREE SSL CERTIFICATE
FREE DEDICATED IP ADDRESS

Further down the page prices are stated as; All of the .com, .net, .org, and .info TLDs are only $9.95 per year. And if your website needs security, we also offer traditional SSL Certificates and Wildcard SSL certificates for only $9.95 and $49.95 per year.

To me, this is highly confusing.
Questions;
If I sign up for your 3 year plan is SSL and domain renewal included? If so does this count for a domain pointed or do I need to transfer?
I have just purchased a .com domain. If I sign up for your free hosting to start (as a trial), can I use this or do I need to use one of the odd extensions?
Can I have 2 websites (and domains) on one plan or do I need a separate plan for each?
I apologize for over looking this question.

Our system will automatically change the cost of 1 domain registration and the SSL option upon ordering the 3 year plan to $0. The total cost for 3 year plan is $142.20 and includes one domain name renewal for the 3 years as long as the plan is active and SSL.

This does not count for a domain pointed as we do not control the registrar. You would need to transfer this domain to us to take advantage of the free domain.

Domain renewal and SSL's for each year the plan is active is free and included.

You can change the nameservers at your domain registrar to ours ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com and then add the purchased .com domain to your panel via our dashboard for free hosting.

Free hosting allows you to have 3 websites and domains on one account. Our Premium hosting allows for unlimited domains and websites for one account.

The price for the 3 year plan is $142.20 up front. This comes out to the $3.95 / mo over the time period of the plan. When you renew 3 years later the plan price will remain the same.

Muddle

Reaction score
I apologize for over looking this question.

Our system will automatically change the cost of 1 domain registration and the SSL option upon ordering the 3 year plan to $0. The total cost for 3 year plan is $142.20 and includes one domain name renewal for the 3 years as long as the plan is active and SSL.

Domain renewal and SSL's for each year the plan is active is free and included.

You can change the nameservers at your domain registrar to ours ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com and then add the purchased .com domain to your panel via our dashboard for free hosting.

Free hosting allows you to have 3 websites and domains on one account. Our Premium hosting allows for unlimited domains and websites for one account.

The price for the 3 year plan is $142.20 up front. This comes out to the $3.95 / mo over the time period of the plan. When you renew 3 years later the plan price will remain the same.
Thank you for answering. Since one domain is covered in the premium plan, what is the cost for the second domain should I transfer it over? [edit] I'm guessing 9.95 Also I'm a little confused by, where I need to transfer from; the DNS - Host or the actual registrar - Tucows. This is just from my lack of learning.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for answering. Since one domain is covered in the premium plan, what is the cost for the second domain should I transfer it over? [edit] I'm guessing 9.95 Also I'm a little confused by, where I need to transfer from; the DNS - Host or the actual registrar - Tucows. This is just from my lack of learning.
You can transfer it in its entirety, meaning you transfer the domain registration over to us as well and handle upcoming renewals through us. But to actually use the domain with our hosting you don't need to transfer the domain registration, it can still be with Tucows (which also means that the renewal fees will be paid to them and not us).

To use the domain with our hosting it is enough to update its nameservers to those of ours: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Technically you can also get away with pointing an A record, this is rather cumbersome though since any and all subdomains would need to be added both within cPanel and at the registrar and pointed correctly. This is not a good option if you want us to also handle email etc, but can be enough if you only want the actual website to be hosted with us.

Muddle

Reaction score
You can transfer it in its entirety, meaning you transfer the domain registration over to us as well and handle upcoming renewals through us. But to actually use the domain with our hosting you don't need to transfer the domain registration, it can still be with Tucows (which also means that the renewal fees will be paid to them and not us).

To use the domain with our hosting it is enough to update its nameservers to those of ours: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Technically you can also get away with pointing an A record, this is rather cumbersome though since any and all subdomains would need to be added both within cPanel and at the registrar and pointed correctly. This is not a good option if you want us to also handle email etc, but can be enough if you only want the actual website to be hosted with us.
Thank you, however I believe you may have misunderstood part of what I said. The actual registrar if I look up through Who Is is Tucows but the Name servers - dns are at the present host, (the renewal for my website domain is paid to the host, not Tucows; paid ahead to 2023); I used the host to purchase the most recent domain (unfortunately). Do I just transfer from the DNS or do I need to do something also with Tucows? I believe I need to wait 60 days from purchase to transfer.

FYI - My present idea is to start my new website at 10X and move the other in a few months.