F
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sarah
    yes, since I joined X10 there have been continued outages, problems, issues ... If my site is working, FTP is down; if FTP works, mail is down, if mail is working - well, you get the idea. I've also looked around for free hosting alternatives but so far none stack up. Right now, I notice that Lotus Cpanel is down - why? because the X10's license expired. When I was responsible for running the servers etc in a busy media company - we did everything we could to avoid service outages. We certainly made sure that we were aware when licenses expired (eg) and planned ahead. In short, X10 seems to work reactively - if there's a problem, it seems to come a big surprise and takes ages to resolve.
    And mail is still down :(
    Where are you located?
    I think it offers some great features, but I'm currently in the process of finding another free host that is more reliable. I'm getting sick of the tone on the forum ("it's a free service--be grateful for what you get"), and I'm getting sick of the constant problems that keep arising. I know it's free, but it seems like Corey is the only person who actually gets something done. Their ticket system is a complete joke. I don't think I've heard of anyone that actually got help from it. If you're going to setup a support ticket system, at least try to make it work. I know having a support ticket system is great for free hosting, but it'd be better if they didn't have one than to offer it and not use it at all. Then they get mad when people post about a problem when the tickets are the "official" way to get help.

...that's how I feel about x10 hosting. Though, if they get mail fixed before this other host I'm looking at resolves their issues, then I might stay here a little longer.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…