10 Credits Just for Reading

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, amateur author Calvin Vandermeer here. I created my site www.cvandermeer.com as a place to host my stories that I write as a hobby. I write in a variety of genres and update every sunday with a brand new piece of short fiction.

So here's what I want you to do. Go to my site, read a story (the genres that I write in are displayed across the top) and comment using my shiny new comment system. It doesn't matter what story you comment on, but the horror/drama category and the romance category contain pieces that I am particularily fond of. Once you have done that, post here and tell me what you posted so that I can donate credits.

The payment is as follows:
For 1 or more posts - 10 credits flat. This is so that people don't just spam the comments board for evey story. HOWEVER - If your post is genuinely valid, contains good praise or criticism, and is more than just a one liner then I will reward you with more that the flat 10 credits, a number of my choosing. In the same way, if you have more than 1 post that are all genuine, I will again award more credits. My goal here is to get people to read my stories.

If you like my writing, then consider adding me to your favourites. I update every Sunday. You may want to consider repping me - I feel dirty for asking but it will help me keep this post running longer than with the limited credits I now have. And most importantly, if you like my writing - spread the word!

Thanks a lot,
Calvin

streek dime

Reaction score
I read one of yours. Woah haha your a crazy author. I'm not much of a reader and my vocab is terrible so I had to check my dictionary a few times but overall in the end I liked the short story that I read. The details make it more realistic, though there might be a bit too much but it's good though.

When my mind is fresh, I'll read more. Dazzled already by reading that 1 short story. Btw, I read Forest Guardian.

Edit:

I read another one of yours ... The Aftermath of Typhoon Toddler. I'm still awed by the intensity from Forest Guardian, but it was humor and I definitely love that so I went for it. I left a bit of detailed feedback. Let me know if it helped.

Also, you definitely have to make a sequel. Like I said, I have endless number of possible "what happens next" scenarios running in my head.

Last edited:

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
Streek Dime,
I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying my writing. Most people do when they get around to it, but you would not believe how hard it is to spread word about a site that contains things that must be read. The horror. Anyways, I read your feedback and appreciate it. I actually do have several other humourous semi-autobiographal pieces written, but I'm a little wary of posting them due to the personal content (I doubt I'm popular enough to get stalked, but who knows:p). Anyways, if you like my writing check back sundays and spread the word - I appreciate it.
Calvin
Edit:
Some people have espressed concern over the email being required to leave a comment. The email is NOT required, but I really hope that you leave it. First off, no one can see the email but myself. Secondly, I like to respond to comments, and if I have your email then I can do this more easily. Don't worry - your email will remain confidential and I will not share it with anyone.

Last edited:

javajenius

Reaction score
Wow i think that your website is very good. You are a very good writer. I read a lyrical lover in the romance section, and i really liked it. I liked it how you used all of the imagery and personification, all for a musician and his guitar. There isn't a lot of these websites around, and I wish I had more time to read your stories.

Your a very good writer, keep it up!

PS: Update your links for contacts/affiliates, i think one of them doesnt work.

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about the broken links, and the comments about my writing. I hope you return soon!

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
I'm glad that you liked the story Federico Casares, but I can't claim credit for it. The author is my close friend and editor Celine Moon, an amateur like myself who I believe deserves more attention. I hope you return soon, and spread the word!

PS: I've actually been giving out 20 credits to the people that respond for the initial post. Just a heads up to those who have yet to respond.

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
I'm sorry alhob but I can't see your comment. Let me know what story you read and where you left the comment and I will gladly send the credits.

D

dWhite

I read your Historical/Military stories, as I really like history and military stuff. I must say you are quite a talented writer, ever think of maybe submitting a few of these to a book publisher in the future?

I'm posting my review here, as I don't let people that I don't know view my email address. And besides that, I don't want the credits.

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
@ DWhite - Thanks for the review, I sent you the credits anyways. I can understand your trepedition towards letting random people see your email address, but I would like to remind you (and future offer acceptors) that only I can see your email address, and it is only to prevent spammers and trolls.

HOWEVER, taking into account the controversy, I have MADE IT NO LONGER MANDATORY TO INPUT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. I would prefer that you did, so that I could reply to your comment, but if you don't trust me, that's fine. The internet can be a dangerous place.

I hope this encourages more people to respond,
Calvin

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
PS: My site will be updating later tonight with the first draft of the first chapter of my new novella, Wo Ai Ni. It is a romance story about a Chinese woman and a Canadian man in an arranged marriage. Just a heads up for those who are interested.

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
Thanks for reading my story, tondopie! I'm glad you liked it, and I hope you read some of my other things (Mr. Maniac perhaps? Hint hint). I have wired the credits.
Calvin