100% data loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

mason689

Reaction score
Just wanted to share the fact that X10 has lost 100% of data for my website. This may be something to keep in mind for others who are considering X10 as a free host. Remember, you get what you pay for!!!

Now, I did have 95% of my site backed up local. I only actually lost what I did in the last 2 -3 weeks.

But that has NOTHING to with the incompetence grossly exhibited by X10 in the last week. Your lack of concern was displayed by giving very minimal notice of upgrades a few days before, when we are only required to log in once per month. Your "update status page" was a misleading joke as well.

Shame, Shame, Shame X10. Yes, you DO get what you pay for - poor hosting and poor service. Thanks for the stick-it-in-your-face reminder of that.

Here is the original message:

Hi,

The servers finished transferring yesterday or the day before, but unfortunately some accounts didn't get transferred over at all and it looks like your account was one of those which didn't get transferred at all. The old server was taken off by the DataCenter, so we are left with nothing to restore the backups from. The only solution that is now available is creating a new account and restoring any local backup that you might have. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope you understand.
-----------------------

Syed
Administrator
http://x10hosting.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.