100 % satisfied with free service!

w4k3upn0w

Reaction score
I signed up the other day and got moving quickly and smoothly.

http://wakeupnow.pcriot.com

x10hosting has to be the BEST free service I have ever had and that is a fact.

x10hosting is faster than 3 paid services I am a part of right now which are being hosted by GoDaddy. I will suggest to my partners to switch over. Does anyone think I should?

Conmiro

Reaction score
I signed up the other day and got moving quickly and smoothly.

http://wakeupnow.pcriot.com

x10hosting has to be the BEST free service I have ever had and that is a fact.

x10hosting is faster than 3 paid services I am a part of right now which are being hosted by GoDaddy. I will suggest to my partners to switch over. Does anyone think I should?

I completely agree. Except their staff stink, but otherwise, admins are great and the hosting is perfect.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome to x10 w4k3upn0w! The staff in my opinion don't stink, they're just busy often times and can't get to everyone all at once. I'd apply for staff myself but I don't have the will nor do I think I'd have the time to be a staff member. Yet again I could try to be one.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
I completely agree. Except their staff stink, but otherwise, admins are great and the hosting is perfect.

Conmiro, you were warned about flooding the IRC channel and you continued to do so after several warnings and so were temporarily banned.

All Staff are volunteers, we provide our time to ensure this service runs smoothly.

Scott

Reaction score
I'm sure you we're referring to me, I've already warned you more than once, and kicked 3-5 times, I don't count. Nathan kicked you once. This is your LAST and FINAL warning, I'll ban you from the forums, IRC, and terminate your hosting account if this continues.

supajason

Reaction score
I would have thought x10 would have enough to pay somebody!

I mean if 150000 users are logging onto this site every 2 weeks that must make some money!

papadon

Reaction score
I would have thought x10 would have enough to pay somebody!

I mean if 150000 users are logging onto this site every 2 weeks that must make some money!

I'm sure x10 makes some amount of money. How they spend it and divvy it up, I have no idea, but if the staff is all volunteers, I'm sure they're not making enough to call this a true business venture...yet. I recall seeing somewhere else in one of these forums that adding another ad-free server would help, but it was awaiting Corey getting enough money to buy one. This doesn't indicate a hugely-profitable venture from my point of view.

If they continue with good service and reasonably prompt support (given the staff's volunteer status), I believe they have the beginnings of a successful money-making venture here.

If you require 99.9% uptime and instantaneous support response, x10hosting is probably not your best choice. But if you can live within their guidelines and not expect instant perfection, x10 seems to offer more than any other free host I've seen/tried (and as much or more than some paid ones, too).

Operating x10 and answering all these support requests has to take a significant amount of time. I say "Good job and thanks!" to the (volunteer) staff.:bowhs:

D

Dylan,,

Exactly, I only like the admins, the other staff members are too strict. Wayyy to strict.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Actions taken by staff are backed up by the admins. I mean, it'd be hopeless if the admins didn't trust the minions to make the correct decisions, and then stand by the decision.

And saying that the staff stink, and that you don't like any staff besides the admins is hardly going to get you in anyones good books now, is it... Think of it this way: you're volunteering your time, and there are two people who need help. One says you stink, the other is nice. Who are you going to choose?

Yeah... exactly. So be nice. Everyone is nice until you screw up and cause issues. Or if you start a thread, or join a channel in IRC, and act like an arrogant.........user/loser.

quantum1

Reaction score
As a veteran developer but a relatively new web developer I feel that this site is hands-down the best free stuff anywhere. I did have some trouble signing up, but my confusion was immediately handled by staff, admin, and other members. Given (from what I can tell) the fairly young ages of most of the staff and volunteers, I feel that they provide good assistance to serious developers as well as newbies. What I mean by that is they exhibit wisdom concerning their trade and they have shown (at least by my standards) a good ability to communicate. I have noticed that they do not tolerate the sassy attitudes of some, but I don't blame them. All-in-all, given the pressures that today's youth and young adults have on them, I think that this is a professional site with good admin and staff. Hey...Corey and others didn't have to offer this service, but they do and it makes a big difference to folks like me. We must appreciate the time and effort and forgive the occasional anger of the admin and staff here. I do. :)