1046 error while importing database

Status
Not open for further replies.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. How are you trying to import it? Via script or phpMyAdmin?

2. The file you are using might be trying to create the database , in which case there would probably be a problem with the name. Can you post the first couple of lines from the file?

demon_hunter

Reaction score
I'm using phpadmin
Code:
-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.11.4
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
--
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Sep 30, 2009 at 01:18 AM
-- Server version: 5.0.81
-- PHP Version: 5.2.9

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";

--
-- Database: `a1638179_Death`

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Code:
-- Database: `a1638179_Death`

And you have a local database named that which you are trying to import into?

Last edited:

demon_hunter

Reaction score
Well, I'm trying to move my site from 000webhost to x10hosting and I'm trying to move my sql database from 000webhost to here. so I exported the sql database then tried importing it to phpmyadmin of x10hosting that I got that error.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Try creating an empty database here.
Then go to phpAdmin, click on the db and try importing it there.

demon_hunter

Reaction score
thanks that worked, now I need to edit the config file right? where can i find the info for that?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
thanks that worked, now I need to edit the config file right? where can i find the info for that?

Well, whatever the DB will be hooked up to needs the new info.
You know the DB name, the username and password (you can always add another user). Location is "localhost". That should do it.

demon_hunter

Reaction score
ok, just one more question:
$dbms =
$dbhost =
$dbport =
$load_extensions = '';
can u tell me what to put there exactly?
and also I cant find the location you said

EDIT: actually nevermind i got it working. thanks a lot for your time. you're a life saver :D
EDIT2: em sry to bother again but seems i'm still having problem. when I try to go to some parts of the forum i get this error:
Code:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@vampirismdeath.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Edit:
Code:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@vampirismdeath.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I just installed a new forums but I used the old files from last server. now I want to go to ACP but i get this error. I have the right config information anyone can help me?

and don't tell me why i didn't create a new thread, the answer is : cuz I couldn't

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. What sort of page is causing the problem? Perl, PHP, etc?

2. Look in the directory where the page is located. See if there is an Error_log file. If it is there (try checking any other directories your forum software uses just in case) open it and look at it. It should contain error messages. If you cannot figure out the problem from them, post them here so I can try to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.