10MB file size limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeno52

Reaction score
Hi there. I've just noticed that a lot of files I had hosted have been deleted because of being larger than 10MB, your new filesize limit. Would it be possible to change this size limit from 10MB to 20MB? This would really mean a great thing in my life, seriously.

From a person who's been using and recommending X10 for years.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We did a bunch of mock runs to see what files would be deleted at different file size levels such as 5MB, 10MB, 15MB, etc. We found that 10MB was a good compromise between removing bad files (backups, movies, tv shows, left over archives from installs, etc). There were some but a very, very small amount of legitimate files at this file size.

What types of files did you need that are more than 10MB? Do you need the files back? We have backups of everything, you would need to download them though as they'd get removed again if we restored them.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
For bigger static files you could either upgrade your hosting plan (easier) or use a file hosting service (think trademarks ending with 'box' or 'drive')

pipeno52

Reaction score
I will write to you guys privately. I hope you realize my request has a very legitimate reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.