123 Live Help Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenazari

Reaction score
Hi there, I would like this on my site but I see that it is part of a server software, has anyone tried setting this up? and is it possible to do? it's a pretty neat service! but not sure how to setup on a non local machine.

http://www.123flashchat.com/live-help-chat.html

It has a joomla component which is why I was interested in it... also it's free ;) I tried talking to their sales guy but he was only interested in trying to sell me their server hosting package that includes it which tbh isn't even as good as the x10 one :p but their joomla module is great

regards
Steven Azari

brian0

Reaction score
look at http://www.phpfreechat.net/start

It's a pure php chat system using plain text files for storage and including the "server" as part of each page call (in otherwords, no persistent processes). It's extremely light weight, and should serve your purposes with a little configuration (which isn't hard if you know any php at all). I'm not sure how hard it is to integrate into Joomla as I have never used Joomla myself. I find it to be a good library, but not at all what I want for my page. You could of course always add it separately and link to it, though I think you should be able to embed it in a joomla page.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Chat scripts are specifically not allowed on the free servers as specified in the TOS. It's says that "Accounts found with chat scripts or shoutboxes will be suspended."

stevenazari

Reaction score
I found out after posting this the fantastico installer has a load of nice chat services even better than what I posted. Sorry for that didn't know it wasn't allowed but I see x10 had already made of a solution ^_^

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The reason why we don't allow chat or shoutboxes is because they use a lot of resources, and they make humongous amounts of requests to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.