[1700 Credits!] 5 Day Contest For Graphics and Layouts (5 Different Requests!)

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I am developing a new web based RPG called Serene OverloaD (Link: http://www.sereneadventure.net/area51/ ) and need a few things (Listed Below) for it. In total there are 1700 credits being offered!!!

Price/Request
800 [1st Place] New "Ring" - Read Below For Desciption
200 [2nd Place] New "Ring"

400 [1st Place] Origonal Layout - Read Below
100 [2nd Place] Origonal Layout

50 [1st Place] Link To Us Button (100px X 50px)

150 [1st Place] Member Titles (50x50 to 50x25 - All Titles Must be The Same Size) - Read Below For More Info

New "Ring"
The Ring is the image on my RPG's Homepage. It is what you first see when visiting the Game so I want to look its best, and leave an impression on my guests.
Ring Rules: Size must be no larger than 800x800 and no smaller than 500x500. You must also include the 8 'links' that are curently on there. Lastly you MUST include the Logo in the center!!
Logo (PSD): http://www.sereneadventure.net/area51/images/sod.psd

Layout
I am looking for a new layout because I obviously can't make a half way decent one!
Layout Rules: Please use Div Dags! Must include a style sheet and preferably will fit both large and small screens (I will be checking em)

Member Titles
Title List(In Rank Order): Banned, Member, Special Member, Ideas Team, Graphic Designer, Coding Team, Moderator, Administrator, Super Administrator, Guardian(Webmaster)

Some Questions I was asked and figured Id post them here:

Perfect7 said:
1. Is the site background on the page now the one that you are going to use for the whole site?

2. What type of RPG is it? What type of storyline (romance, adventure, etc.) and mood (medieval, modern, space, war, etc.) are you going to go for? Or is it just an RPG with no story?

3. Will the ring appear on other pages of your site? Or just on the front page?

4. What type of guests (age group) are you expecting to bring in for your game? Or is it open to all? This is important for me so I can see what type of design will best impress the majority of your guests.

5. What type of page will your link to us button, and your member titles be on? It will help me a lot in designing a good one if I know the background colour and where it will be located (in the forums, about page, etc).

1) Yes

2)Its a futureistic fantasy, I want something maybe similar to the Stargate Ring?, just not the actual ring itself. lol

3) The ring appears on a few page, including the about page, login, register and a few others.

4)It is open to all, probably will be teens most? not sure as of yet. Sorry I cant be much help on that.

5) It will be used by others, I want an army green one or a red one. We already have a black/white and a blue/black one.

Thats it for now, I will post things if needed.

Last edited:

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
hey, i might be able to do the ring and member titles, but i wont be starting until friday

Spyder2986

Reaction score
Can we submit more than one for New "Ring".

Last edited:

kbjradmin

Reaction score
do you have any preferences about things like color?

edit:
what about this

edit:
or a darker one

edit:
or less rainbowish

edit:
or a solid color

Attachments

• ringAlpha.png
    ringAlpha.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 20
  • ringAlpha2.png
    ringAlpha2.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 17
  • ringBase.png
    ringBase.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 31
  • ringblue.png
    ringblue.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

kbjradmin

Reaction score
for the member titles, it will be kind of hard to fit them in a 50x50 or 50x25 space. you may want to think about making that larger.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
for the member titles, it will be kind of hard to fit them in a 50x50 or 50x25 space. you may want to think about making that larger.
Alright, What size should they be?

And I liked the black/gray ring the most. Do you think you can add anthing to it. Add some flare to it (It doesnt need to be just a circular ring)

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
another thing to add to the link to us banners, try to make them standard web sizes. a list of them are available at wikipedia. try to stick w/ the banner and button sizes when designing, and if you can, post different sizes of the same design.

kbjradmin

Reaction score
how about something like this?

Attachments

• ringGreyRed.png
    ringGreyRed.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 25

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
how about something like this?
Better, can you fix the text. No offense but its horrible. But great work so far. Your the only submissions for far and are in first place! (Check my sig for those in first place)

Edit: Can you also provide the PSD's if you have them?

Last edited:

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
do you have a preference for the font of the text?

No, not really. Just try to make it futureistic, and make sure its easy to read (Otherwise it turns people off from the site). And do you have the PSD's?

xPlozion

Reaction score
and the rings appear to be rough around the edges. is there any way you can fix that?

Hey, about half an hour in photoshop, and this is what I came up w/... btw, this is just a preview of it, the real one has transparent background

[EDIT]
Changed the glow on the ring

Attachments

• serene_overload_ring_1_preview.png
    serene_overload_ring_1_preview.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 24
  • serene_overload_ring_1.1_preview.png
    serene_overload_ring_1.1_preview.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
and the rings appear to be rough around the edges. is there any way you can fix that?

Hey, about half an hour in photoshop, and this is what I came up w/... btw, this is just a preview of it, the real one has transparent background
That one is definatly the best!!! Nice job.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well I was bored, and couldn't think of anything creative to make a new 'ring'; so I made this instead

Attachments

• SOD.jpg
    SOD.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 26

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
well I was bored, and couldn't think of anything creative to make a new 'ring'; so I made this instead

Can you upload one with a clear bg I wanna see how it looks, I kinda link it. May not be the best but probably good for second, no offense