2/3 database used plus space 86mb used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
hello all staff

im currently reinstalling phpbb3 as part of my reorganization of my website. my first problem is that i have 2 out of 3 database used which for some reason i cant delete my other problem is that i am currently uploading joomla and my space went up by 86mb which is odd bc this is a clean install of phpbb and joomla. is there away to clear it so that it stays around 4-20mb ( dunno how many mb phpbb takes for install or joomla)
also would you mind deleting the following database:
smcadmin 0.01 MB

Synkc

Reaction score
I'll move this to the Level Two Support forum so a senior staff member can drop the unwanted database for you.

Have you verified that the combined size of your site is less than what it is being indicated to be? It's possible that the size of your site is larger then expected due to the caching systems used by the various scripts you have installed.

Last edited:

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
like i said i dont know how many MB Joomla+phpBB take for the database as well as the space the other thing is that i dont have the ability to clear the cache from my account so its possible all that used space is cache so i dont really know what is the cause. the current software im uploading is joomla 1.5.3 and my current forum software is phpbb 3.0.1

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Database "smcadmin" deleted.
Your account is showing the correct diskspace. On your home directory, you've: the folder "home", which uses approximately 35MB.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
one thing i wanna ask fedlerner is that does the forums like phpbb and the cms like joomla take up space in the database ?

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes. All information saved in the database use space on the database. This space used by the database is counted on the total disk-space of your hosting account.

Status
Not open for further replies.