2 things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I can't post a new topic here?

And for some reason all of the members on my website have the same IP address. myself included. Even Google Bot has the same IP. Is this a server issue?

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Oh, and on my forum I get the below error. My URL is: http://pcannon.x10hosting.com/forums/

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
(111)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
About the IP addresses, this is because of our current hosting setup. The admins will look into passing the real IP along once the servers are all set up and the moves are done. In the meantime, you can try using this variable instead: $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']
That variable will give you the IP of the user accessing the page.

Your script is probably using $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] or $_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'] as of now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
About the IP addresses, this is because of our current hosting setup. The admins will look into passing the real IP along once the servers are all set up and the moves are done. In the meantime, you can try using this variable instead: $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']
That variable will give you the IP of the user accessing the page.

Your script is probably using $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] or $_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'] as of now.

I don't know how to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.