2000 Credits Competition

Sohail

Reaction score
Okay lets hope scottbu123 doesn't go mad at me for using his idea but this is a bit different... First of all, you register at my forums - http://forums.sohailtech.com/ which is a community for discussions regarding flash and photoshop. Once you have registered, post your username here and i will add you to the participants list. On the forums, just post as much as you can. The winner will be chosen using random.org... For example, if you had two posts, your name will be entered twice; if someone else had 12 posts, then their name would be entered 12 times, which would give that person a much higher chance in winning. So the more posts you have, the higher the chance of you winning 2,000 credits :)

Good Luck!

PARTICIPANTS
>>Xero(XGI Admin)
>>DeadBattery(aopsftw)
>>ASPX.King(ASPX.King)
>>Mitch(Mitch)

Last edited:

XGI Admin

Reaction score
alright im joining
Edit:
when is the deadline that you'll give the credits?

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Okay, are you the new user on the forums? Remember, if you don't post your username here then you are NOT in the contest. I will chose the deadline once i know how well this contest is going to go.. I have already noticed you posting on the forums as "Xero", i just need you to confirm that's you?

Sohail

Reaction score
Okay you're on the list and it seems that you are winning at the moment :p

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Whenever I go to the forums, (I have been on daily since :p ), it asks me to download a PHP file, like PHP wasn't installed. If I try to view the PHP file, I get this:
session_begin(); $auth->acl($user->data); $user->setup('viewforum'); display_forums('', $config['load_moderators']); // Set some stats, get posts count from forums data if we... hum... retrieve all forums data $total_posts = $config['num_posts']; $total_topics = $config['num_topics']; $total_users = $config['num_users']; $l_total_user_s = ($total_users == 0) ? 'TOTAL_USERS_ZERO' : 'TOTAL_USERS_OTHER'; $l_total_post_s = ($total_posts == 0) ? 'TOTAL_POSTS_ZERO' : 'TOTAL_POSTS_OTHER'; $l_total_topic_s = ($total_topics == 0) ? 'TOTAL_TOPICS_ZERO' : 'TOTAL_TOPICS_OTHER'; // Grab group details for legend display if ($auth->acl_gets('a_group', 'a_groupadd', 'a_groupdel')) { $sql = 'SELECT group_id, group_name, group_colour, group_type FROM ' . GROUPS_TABLE . ' WHERE group_legend = 1 ORDER BY group_name ASC'; } else { $sql = 'SELECT g.group_id, g.group_name, g.group_colour, g.group_type FROM ' . GROUPS_TABLE . ' g LEFT JOIN ' . USER_GROUP_TABLE . ' ug ON ( g.group_id = ug.group_id AND ug.user_id = ' . $user->data['user_id'] . ' AND ug.user_pending = 0 ) WHERE g.group_legend = 1 AND (g.group_type <> ' . GROUP_HIDDEN . ' OR ug.user_id = ' . $user->data['user_id'] . ') ORDER BY g.group_name ASC'; } $result = $db->sql_query($sql); $legend = ''; while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) { $colour_text = ($row['group_colour']) ? ' style="color:#' . $row['group_colour'] . '"' : ''; if ($row['group_name'] == 'BOTS') { $legend .= (($legend != '') ? ', ' : '') . '' . $user->lang['G_BOTS'] . ''; } else { $legend .= (($legend != '') ? ', ' : '') . '' . (($row['group_type'] == GROUP_SPECIAL) ? $user->lang['G_' . $row['group_name']] : $row['group_name']) . ''; } } $db->sql_freeresult($result); // Generate birthday list if required ... $birthday_list = ''; if ($config['load_birthdays'] && $config['allow_birthdays']) { $now = getdate(time() + $user->timezone + $user->dst - date('Z')); $sql = 'SELECT user_id, username, user_colour, user_birthday FROM ' . USERS_TABLE . " WHERE user_birthday LIKE '" . $db->sql_escape(sprintf('%2d-%2d-', $now['mday'], $now['mon'])) . "%' AND user_type IN (" . USER_NORMAL . ', ' . USER_FOUNDER . ')'; $result = $db->sql_query($sql); while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) { $birthday_list .= (($birthday_list != '') ? ', ' : '') . get_username_string('full', $row['user_id'], $row['username'], $row['user_colour']); if ($age = (int) substr($row['user_birthday'], -4)) { $birthday_list .= ' (' . ($now['year'] - $age) . ')'; } } $db->sql_freeresult($result); } // Assign index specific vars $template->assign_vars(array( 'TOTAL_POSTS' => sprintf($user->lang[$l_total_post_s], $total_posts), 'TOTAL_TOPICS' => sprintf($user->lang[$l_total_topic_s], $total_topics), 'TOTAL_USERS' => sprintf($user->lang[$l_total_user_s], $total_users), 'NEWEST_USER' => sprintf($user->lang['NEWEST_USER'], get_username_string('full', $config['newest_user_id'], $config['newest_username'], $config['newest_user_colour'])), 'LEGEND' => $legend, 'BIRTHDAY_LIST' => $birthday_list, 'FORUM_IMG' => $user->img('forum_read', 'NO_NEW_POSTS'), 'FORUM_NEW_IMG' => $user->img('forum_unread', 'NEW_POSTS'), 'FORUM_LOCKED_IMG' => $user->img('forum_read_locked', 'NO_NEW_POSTS_LOCKED'), 'FORUM_NEW_LOCKED_IMG' => $user->img('forum_unread_locked', 'NO_NEW_POSTS_LOCKED'), 'S_LOGIN_ACTION' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=login'), 'S_DISPLAY_BIRTHDAY_LIST' => ($config['load_birthdays']) ? true : false, 'U_MARK_FORUMS' => ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx", 'mark=forums') : '', 'U_MCP' => ($auth->acl_get('m_') || $auth->acl_getf_global('m_')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}mcp.$phpEx", 'i=main&mode=front', true, $user->session_id) : '') ); // Output page page_header($user->lang['INDEX']); $template->set_filenames(array( 'body' => 'index_body.html') ); page_footer(); ?>

Does this have to do with Corey doing something with Apache?
tutorials.sohailtech.com is not working either...

Sohail

Reaction score
Okay it seems my PHP has been downgraded yet again... So i have notified the staff again. Hopefully this won't happen again once it's fixed.

Sohail

Reaction score
I believe it's working now, is there anyone else participating in this contest or is it just Xero who's going to get the 2,000 credits!?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I have 102 posts.
Do all of those count?

Sohail

Reaction score
Umm... You're going to have to discount your posts from the staff section i'm afraid.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay, I have 59 entries then.
Guess it's just Xero and me...

Sohail

Reaction score
Okay that's going to be a tough fight xD! I'll add you to the participants list now...

Sohail

Reaction score
Well i just need to confirm that the forums are actually working beause i am at my friends house right now and when i try to access my forums, it asks me to download it? Once i know it is working, we can start and see if we can get some more contestants.

Sohail

Reaction score
Okay then, now that i know the forums are working, i guess this contest can officially start. But i'm hoping to have at-least 10 contestants here...