2013 error - MediaWiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockraider

Reaction score
To solve these 'failed with error [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server during query.' problems, you usually look for a 'config.php' file. However, MediaWiki does not have a config.php file. Just a config directory, (public_html/wiki/config) but this folder does not have a config.php file in it. Is there some other file your supposed to find?

nat1192

Reaction score
Cross posting from http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-h...lems-stoli-follow-tutorial-6.html#post259133:

Tutorial to fix MediaWiki (as I assume it should work, it did for me):
Wiki.png

1. Login to your cPanel
2. Do mr kennedy's tutorial for MySql on his first post.
3. Go to your File manager
4. Go to your MediaWiki's Installation folder
5. find LocalSettings.php and edit it
6. replace localhost with mysql.x10hosting.com in the variable $wgDBserver
7. save

nat1192

Reaction score
It should be in the folder where MediaWiki was installed. (ie mine is in /www/wiki)

nat1192

Reaction score
Thats odd considering it is essential for MediaWiki to run properly. Is it an older version? Try looking in the config sub-directory.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I just took a look and can't find it either. Have you installed MediaWiki yet?

rockraider

Reaction score
In the config sub-directory there is 'index.php' and 'index5.php'. This is the latest version from MediaWiki's website. I've never installed this before.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Run your wiki in the /config/ directory and it will run the installer. You will then have the LocalSettings.php you'll need to move.

Last edited:

rockraider

Reaction score
Could someone post a screenshot of the folder which this is in? Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place or I'm looking at the wrong file...

rockraider

Reaction score
Error selecting database wikidb: 1044 Access denied for user 'j14s'@'stoli.x10hosting.com' to database 'wikidb'
Edit:
Pronlem solved I'm closing this thread now.

Solution: Enter database host as 10.10.96.130, used database name j14s_wikidb instead of just wikidb.

Problem solved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.