30 Or 60 Day Inactivity Limit

Garcy

Reaction score
I think X10 should change their inactivity limit to 30 or even 60 days, in my oppinion this is a good time frame...

Cheers
Garcy

jsobeck

Reaction score
Any reason in particular why you think the time frame for inactivity should be increased? This thread has been brought up countless times, and I believe it comes down to this: if there was a longer inactivity time allowed, it would put even more stress on x10's servers. Think about it, I believe Corey recently (past month or two) stated a number somewhere in the 70 or 80 thousand range for accounts.... so server resources are a very precious thing around here.

What it all comes down to is that the inactivity limit is to benefit and be fair to all.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I think X10 should change their inactivity limit to 30 or even 60 days, in my oppinion this is a good time frame...

Cheers
Garcy

Have you read the threads on why we have an inactivity script, why its set for 2 weeks? May want to read up on those and the other threads that have talked about this before saying that 30-60 days is a good idea.

gsnook75

Reaction score
Just had my account suspended an to be honest it's probally been less then 30 days that the hosting account for my site was activated. So how should I go about getting it un-suspended.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Just had my account suspended an to be honest it's probally been less then 30 days that the hosting account for my site was activated. So how should I go about getting it un-suspended.

To request unsuspension :

1. Click on the x10 link above ( next to UserCP )
2. Click on "Request Unsuspension"
3. Fill out form
4. Wait for staff instruction.

It would of been less than 30 days. You are suspended for inactivity if you fail to visit the forums in a 2 week ( 14 day ) period.

Sohail

Reaction score
I think that the suspension limit is fine but i also think that their account should automatically be deleted if they do not sign in after 75 days, that way you can get rid of all the inactive users... What do you think?

jdmrace

Reaction score
What happens if my personal computer goes down for over the inactivity limit? That means I would have no way of saving my account and this would apply if I go on vication. To me it is very short. Well I guess the servers need to be cleaned of unnessary accounts to provide a great service.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
What happens if my personal computer goes down for over the inactivity limit? That means I would have no way of saving my account and this would apply if I go on vication. To me it is very short. Well I guess the servers need to be cleaned of unnessary accounts to provide a great service.

Your account information isn't tied to your pc; I find it difficult to believe that you wouldn't have access to SOME internet-accessing computer long enough to load forums.x10hosting.com and plug in your username/password.

At the very least let a friend do it for you.

If it's still a problem, jump to Static Paid - it's the closest to any of the free plans and doesn't have inactivity timers.

@sohailamir52: If I'm not mistaken, when that script runs that suspends accounts for inactivity, it also checks if you've been suspended 10 days - if you have been, the account gets terminated.

So it's 24 days from the start of the inactivity to the time the account is removed to save space. THAT I can see MAYBE becoming a bit longer so it's an even 30 days total from the start of inactivity to termination (14 to get suspended, 14 to terminate maybe? )or something like that, but not the inactivity timer that actually causes the suspension itself.

Part of the problem recently though is with all the server issues on free, that script hasn't had a chance to get ran to suspend the inactive accounts and kill the ones over 10 days suspended. Thats not helping things obviously, but the script itself can bog the servers down :(

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think that the suspension limit is fine but i also think that their account should automatically be deleted if they do not sign in after 75 days, that way you can get rid of all the inactive users... What do you think?

Are you suggesting that the 10 day grace fro termination after being suspended is to low or saying that we should implement a grace period after being suspended before being terminated ?

If so, after 14 days inactivity you get suspended and then 10 days after that your account gets terminated.
So to avoid this, get a friend to login to the forums for you.

Garcy

Reaction score
I Have read the post by Corey about the servers before i posed this, i just had thought it would be more of a hassle to keep unsuspending accounds then to just chnage the inactivity limit.

I guess not though, and thats why it has been set to 14days...

Garcy

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
We dont unsuspend that many suspensions for inactivity, due to the fact the accounts really are 'inactive', or abandoned. Most get terminated, to make room for new users who actually want to create their sites, and use x10 for what it is.